Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2020-21, Assam
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India invites applications for Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2020-21, Assam from SC students of Class 11 and above. The scholarship is applicable for candidates who are domiciles of Assam. Under this scheme, SC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage will be provided with financial support to complete their education.
Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students 2020-21, Assam DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must-
- Be studying in Class 11 or above (pursuing recognised post-matric and post-secondary courses)
- Have an annual family income not exceeding INR 2.5 lakh
- Belong to Scheduled Caste (SC) as specified in relation to the state of Assam
- Be a domicile of Assam
- Have passed matriculation or higher secondary examination from a recognised university or board
- Not be holding any other scholarship/stipend
The following are also eligible for the scholarship-
- Students studying through correspondence courses
- Employed students on leave without pay for the entire duration of a full-time course
- Students pursuing postgraduate courses in medicine if only they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course
Note: Students who have received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible. Find more details official website.
The scholarship covers the following-
- Maintenance allowance- up to a maximum of INR 1,200 per month
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Study tour charges- up to a maximum of INR 1,600 per annum
- Thesis typing/printing charges- up to a maximum of INR 1,600
- Book allowance- up to a maximum of INR 1,200 per annum
- Book bank facility- up to a maximum of INR 7,500
- Additional allowances for students with disabilities- up to a maximum of INR 240 per month
- A copy of the prescribed application form
- A passport size photograph
- Self-attested copies of certificates, diplomas, degree, etc.
- Caste certificate duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Income declaration certificate from the parents/guardians
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Scholarship announcement date: 16th August 2020
Scholarship closing date: 20th January 2021
Last date for defective verification: 31st January 2021
Last date for institute verification: 25th January 2021
The scholarship will be provided to all the candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The award of the scholarship will be subject to good conduct and attendance of 75% in each academic year.
- In an academic year, the scholarship will be payable for 10 months.
- The income certificate will be taken only once which will be at the time of admission to the course.
- Candidates living in any state other than the state of domicile will be awarded a scholarship by the state they belong to.
- The scholarship will be provided for studies in India only.
- All the children of the same parents/guardians can avail of the benefits of this scholarship.
- The scholarship is provided on the basis of satisfactory progress and conduct of the scholars.
- Applicants are requested to fill the application form online, with the correct and verifiable details only.
- Funds provided under this scheme shall not be utilized for any other purpose.
- The Government of India at its own discretion can change the provisions of this scheme at any time.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more