Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students 2018-19, Punjab
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Welfare of Scheduled Castes & Backward Classes Punjab invites applications for the Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students 2018-19. Students of Punjab belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC) can benefit from this scholarship for supporting their studies at post-matric/post-secondary (college/university) levels in India. The scholarship includes maintenance allowances and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students 2018-19, Punjab DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- Be studying in class 11 and above
- Belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Have an annual family income not exceeding INR 1 lakh per annum
- Be pursuing post matriculation/post-secondary (college/university) level studies in Govt. recognized institutions
- Be a domicile of Punjab
- Not be receiving any other centrally/state-funded scholarship
The scholarship covers the following benefits-
- Maintenance allowance up to INR 750 per month
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
- Study tour charges up to INR 900 per annum
- Thesis typing/printing charges for research scholars up to INR 1000 per annum
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses
- Additional allowance of up to INR 175 per month for SC students with disabilities
Maintenance allowance provided by the scholarship for the students belonging to different groups of course study are as follows:
- Group I: Hostellers- INR 750 per month, Day Scholars- INR 350 per month
- Group II: Hostellers- INR 510 per month, Day Scholars- INR 335 per month
- Group III: Hostellers- INR 400 per month, Day Scholars- INR 210 per month
- Group IV: Hostellers- INR 260 per month, Day Scholars- INR 160 per month
Details about the classification of groups I, II, III and IV and details about other allowances can be found here.
Applicants need to upload the self-attested copy of the following documents:
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Copy of high school certificate
- Copy of the first page of bank passbook (showing IFSC code of the Bank & Bank Account Number linked with Aadhaar Number)
- Handicap Certificate (if any)
- Print out of the Application
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply-
Step 1: Visit the state portal of Punjab and click on 'Apply Online'.
Step 2: This will lead the candidate to the Citizen Login link.
Step 3: If a new user, click on 'New User' link, else login with Username and Password.
Step 4: After logging in for the first time, candidates will be asked to update their profile.
Step 5: After updating the profile, click on 'Fresh Application' link in the left menu.
Step 6: On the next screen, choose the scholarship from the respective department and click on the 'Apply' link next to the service.
Step 7: On the Fresh Application screen, go to 'Online Form application' section and click on 'Click here to fill the application form online' link.
Step 8: Fill the form and click 'Submit'.
Step 9: Click 'View Saved Application' link, select the application and click 'Upload Supporting Documents' button.
Step 10: Upload the supporting documents.
- Applications open- 1st October 2018
- Application deadline- 15th October 2018
Terms and Conditions
- All the children of the same family/parents are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students availing any other scholarship/stipend cannot avail this scholarship.
- Students pursuing education through correspondence courses are also eligible for the scholarship.
- This scholarship is only open to Indian nationals.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more