Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students - Puducherry 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 04-01-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students - Puducherry 2022-23 is an opportunity offered by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India to OBC category students of Puducherry studying at postmatric level. The selected students will receive a maintenance allowance and other benefits.
Post Matric Scholarship for OBC Students - Puducherry 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- belong to the OBC community
- be a permanent resident of Puducherry
- be studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary level
- have an annual family income of not more than INR 1,50,000 lakhs from all sources
- Students pursuing Postgraduate courses in Medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses are also eligible. The term correspondence includes distant and continuous education.
The selected students will receive the following awards -
Group Courses Hostellers (In INR for 10 months) Day Scholars (In INR for 10 months) Group 1
1) Degree and Postgraduate level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion, Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Sciences and Applications.
2) Postgraduation Diploma courses in various branches of Management and Medicine
3)C.A/I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.(Applicable at Day Scholar rate only INR 550 per month)
4)M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post-doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc. etc.), Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 courses
5) Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
1,200 550 Group 2 Professional courses leading to degree, diploma, and certificate in Pharmacy (B. Pharma), Nursing (B.Nursing), BFS, and other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc, Mass Communication, Hotel Management and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Commerical Arts, Finance for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary and vocational stream, ITI courses, and polytechnic where entrance qualification is Class 12 or above. 820 530 Group 3 Graduate and Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group 1 and 2 [e.g. B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. etc, M.A./M.Sc./M.Ed./M.Pharma etc.] 570 300 Group 4 All Post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which the entrance qualification is High School (Class 10) 380 230
Note - Commercial Pilot License Course (CPL) - CPL course is covered under Group 'I'. The number of awards for CPL will be INR 10 per annum. The selection of 10 ST students for the CPL course will be made through the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Application for CPL course will be invited through advertisement. Interested ST students may apply for selection for a grant of scholarship for pursuing CPL course.
Additional Allowances for SC students with disabilities -
a) Reader Allowance -
Level of Courses Reader Allowance (INR per month) Group 1 and 2 240 Group 3 200 Group 4 160
b) Transport allowance of INR 160 per month for disabled students, if such students don't;t reside in the hostel
c) Escort allowance of INR 160 per month for severely handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability
d) Special Pay of INR 160 per month
e) INR 240 per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students
Study Tour - The study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 16,000, limited to the actual expenditure incurred will be paid to the student studying professional and technical courses.
Thesis typing/Printing charges - Thesis typing/Printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,600 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Book Allowance for Students pursuing Correspondence/Distance Education Courses - The students pursuing such courses are eligible for an annual allowance of INR 1,200 for essential/prescribed books besides reimbursement of course fees.
- The students belonging to OBC category covered under the scheme can also get such additional benefits from other schemes which are not covered under the scheme.
- The disability as defined under the said Act has to be certified by a competent medical authority of the State Government/UT administration.
- Marksheet of previous qualifying examination
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank account details
- Category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Application Deadline: 31st December 2022
Last Date for Defective Verification: 15th January 2023
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th January 2023
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer courses and Private Pilot License courses, Courses at Training –Ship Duffer in (Now INS Rajendra), course of training at the Military College, Dehradun, courses at the Industrial Training Institutes.
- The candidates who after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education again, but in different subjects e.g. I. SC after I. A or B.Com, after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another subject, will not be eligible.
- The students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line e.g. LLB after B.T/B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- The students who have already received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more