Post-Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Manipur 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 12-08-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Post-Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Manipur 2022-23 is an initiative to provide financial support to the students from Class 11 to PG level belonging to the EBC category of Manipur. The scholarship is being offered by the Directorate for Welfare of Other Backward Classes & SCs, Government of Manipur. The selected students will receive maintenance allowances and other benefits.
Post-Matric Scholarship for EBC Students, Manipur 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- ba domicile of Manipur state
- be pursuing studies at the post-matric or post-secondary level (class 11 to PG) at a recognised institution
- have an annual family income of less than INR 1 lakh
Note: Students pursuing their studies through correspondence or distance learning are also eligible to apply.
The selected students will receive the following awards -
Group Courses Hostellers (In INR for 10 months) Day Scholars (In INR for 10 months) Group 1
1) Degree and Postgraduate level courses in Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion, Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance/Administration, Computer Sciences and Applications.
2) Postgraduation Diploma courses in various branches of Management and Medicine
3)C.A/I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.(Applicable at a Day Scholar rate of only INR 550 per month)
4)M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post-doctoral Programmes (D.Lit., D.Sc. etc.), Group 1, Group 2, Group 3 courses
5)L.L.B, Integrated L.L.B and L.L.M.
750 350 Group 2
1) Graduate and Postgraduate courses leading to degree, diploma, and certificate in Pharmacy (B. Pharma), Nursing (B.Nursing), BFS, and other para-medical branches like rehabilitation, diagnostics etc, Mass Communication, Hotel Management and Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Commerical Arts, Finance for which entrance qualification is minimum senior secondary and vocational stream, ITI courses, and polytechnic where entrance qualification is Class 12 or above.
2) Postgraduate courses that are not covered under Group 1 (for e.g. M.A., M.Sc./M.Com./M.Ed./M.Pharma, etc.
510 335 Group 3 All other courses related to a graduate degree that is not covered under Group 1 and 2 400 210 Group 4 All Post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class 10) 260 160
Note - The scholars who are entitled to free boarding and/or lodging will be paid maintenance charges 1/3rd of hostellers' rate.
The blind scholars will be given an additional amount as 'Readers Charges' as mentioned below-
Level of Courses Reader Charges (INR per month) Group 1 and 2 175 Group 3 130 Group 4 90
Fees - Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. Refundable deposit-like caution money and security deposits will, however, be excluded.
Study Tour - The study tour charges up to a maximum of INR 900 limited to the actual expenditure incurred will be paid to the student studying professional and technical courses.
Thesis typing/Printing charges - Thesis typing/Printing charges up to a maximum of INR 1,000 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
- Passport size photograph
- Attested copy of diploma/degree/certificates etc. in respect of all examinations passed
- Income certificate of the parents/guardians
- Aadhaar Card
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill out the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 31st October 2022
Last Date for Defect Verification: 15th November 2022
Last Date for Institute Verification: 15th November 2022
The candidates will be selected based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is payable for 10 months in an academic year.
- The continuation of the award will be based on good conduct and regularity in attendance.
- Only two boys of the same parent/guardian can receive this scholarship. However, this condition does not apply to the girls of the family.
- Change in course of study will not be permitted.
- The scholarship granted under the scheme will be renewed during the period of the first-year postgraduate course subject to good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of an annual progress report to be granted by the administrative head of the University/Institution/College.
- The scholarship of a student will be cancelled in case of discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons or in case of false information provided in the online application.
- The candidates belonging to one state but studying in another state will be awarded scholarship by the state to which they belong and submit their application to the competent authorities in that state.
Note - For more details, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
Government of Manipur
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more