Post-Doctoral Fellowships, Indian Institute of Astrophysics 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) is offering Post-Doctoral Fellowships for the year 2019. Two fellowships are available namely Regular Postdoctoral Fellowships and Chandrasekhar Post-Doctoral Fellowships. It offers challenging opportunities to young researchers working in theory, observation and instrumentation in various areas of research in the field of astronomy and astrophysics. The selected candidates will receive a monthly stipend of up to INR 55,000 and a contingency grant of up to INR 200,000. The duration of the fellowship is 2 years.
Post-Doctoral Fellowships, Indian Institute of Astrophysics 2019 DeadlineClosed
Eligibility for Regular Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Must have obtained PhD degree in Physical/Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University/Institute
- Must be below the age of 36 years
Eligibility for Chandrashekhar Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- Must be below the age of 32 years
- Must have obtained a PhD degree in Physical/Mathematical Sciences from a recognized University/Institute
Benefits under Chandrashekhar Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- The monthly stipend is INR 50,000 to INR 55,000 for candidates with up to 2 years of post-doctoral experience and INR 55,000 to INR 60,000 for those with more than 2 years of experience.
- Chandrashekhar fellows will be entitled to an annual contingency grant of INR 200,000.
- Selected candidates will also get housing (subject to availability), medical and other benefits in accordance with the prevailing rules of the institute.
- Travel support by economy airfare will be available at the time of taking up the assignment.
Benefits under Regular Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- IIA offers a fixed fellowship of INR 40,000 monthly with annual increment of INR 1500 per month.
- Other allowances such as house rent, book grants (INR 10,000/year), medical facility are offered in accordance with the prevailing rules of the institute.
- IIA has limited accommodation for PDFs which will be provided subject to availability.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowships:
Step 1: Create an account here and log in to start a new application.
Step 2: Complete the application form by providing personal, academic, work experience related details.
Step 3: Submit the application form.
Note: PDF committee will then process the application and update the applicants about it.
The applications will be accepted four times a year, with deadlines for applications fixed at December 31, March 31, June 30, and September 30.
- The applications will be reviewed every quarter, in the first week of January, April, July and October.
- Under special circumstances, the committee may review applications at other times as well.
- Applicants are advised to send their completed applications at least 3 weeks before the respective review dates.
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidates, as post-doctoral fellows, are expected to work in close collaboration with members of the research groups at the institute and are also encouraged to carry out independent research.
- All IIA (internal candidates) applicants must have successfully completed viva-voce at the time of review.
- Successful IIA applicants will be offered PDF position for a maximum of one year.
- IIA is also a key partner in the ultraviolet telescope payload (UVIT) onboard India’s first multi-wavelength space observatory ASTROSAT.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more