Post Doctoral Fellowships at IIT Palakkad 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Indian Institute of Technology, Palakkad invites applications for Post Doctoral Fellowships at IIT Palakkad 2020 from doctoral degree holders and PhD students who have submitted their thesis. Selected fellows will get fellowship amount of up to INR 55,000 per month and several other benefits.
Post Doctoral Fellowships at IIT Palakkad 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Hold a doctoral degree from any recognized institute/university or be a PhD student who has submitted his/her thesis
- Be applying for the fellowship within 5 years of getting his/her doctoral degree
- Not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application
- IITPKD PhD scholars are not encouraged to apply for Institute PDF. However, outstanding candidates can apply.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits -
- Consolidated fellowship amount between INR 45,000 to INR 55,000 per month depending upon experience and qualification
- Contingency grant of INR 1,00,000 per annum for research purposes
- House Rent Allowance for married fellows
- Accommodation (if available)
- Medical benefits/insurance
- Permission for attending conference
- TA claim for joining
- Leave of up to 30 days in a year
- Recent passport size photo
- Consent letter of the mentor at IIT Palakkad
- List of publications
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Enclose the supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application to Dean R&D.
Note: The mentor shall not be nominated/invited as a member of the selection committee.
The application can be submitted at any time of the year.
Selection will be based on application evaluation by the Standing Committee and interview performance of the candidates.
Note: The candidates called for interviews are eligible for reimbursement of to and fro 3rd AC train fare by the shortest route.
Terms and Conditions
- PhD students have to submit the provisional/degree certificate within 6 months from the date of appointment as an Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship (PDF).
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the PDF and the recommendation of the Department.
- Normally, IITPKD PhD scholars are not encouraged to apply for Institute PDF. However, outstanding candidates can apply.
- The candidate will have to identify a mentor in the Institute, get in contact with the mentor, and get his/her consent.
- The mentor will have to send a confidential letter of recommendation to the Dean R&D.
- The fellowship may be terminated by the Institute if the performance /conduct of the fellow is found unsatisfactory by the PAC. For termination, one month’s notice will be given to the PDF.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more