Post-Doctoral Fellowship, IIT Roorkee 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by June, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee is inviting applications for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) position focused on ‘Molecular Biology and Biotechnology’. The candidate is expected to work on the project 'Deciphering the mode of action and Pharmacokinetic Properties of Novel Antibacterial Lead Molecules discovered in the primary screening performed recently'. The post-doctoral position is an opportunity for passionate candidates who are willing to work on cutting-edge research work that leads to high impact publications and products. The selected fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship of INR 60,000 per month.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship, IIT Roorkee 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Be a resident of India
- Hold a PhD degree in Biotechnology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry with first class in the preceding degree
The following qualifications are desirable but not essential-
- 1 or 2 years of experience in screening, isolation, and exploitation of natural metabolites/synthetic chemical libraries of bioactive molecules as antibacterial and mechanistic studies or preferable PhD in any of these areas
- Two SCI publications in the departments of Biotechnology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry
Note: Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also eligible to apply, provided they submit a proof of their PhD at the time of interview.
- Consolidated pay of INR 55,000 per month in the first and second year
- Consolidated pay of INR 60,000 per month in the third year
- Contingency grant of INR 50,000 per annum
- Cover letter
- List of publications
- Research statement
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply-
Step 1: Write a cover letter.
Step 2: Include the curriculum vitae, list of publications (with their respective impact factor), and research statement describing past research and plans for future research.
Step 3: Send them all by post to the below address-
Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee – 247667, India
Step 4: The application MUST also be sent by email to email@example.com (cc to firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject as “application for MHRD-PDF”.
Applications must reach by 3rd July 2019 (5:00 PM).
Posts are offered to the candidates based on the final decisions made by the Senior Authorities of the Department. The fellow will be selected based on his expertise and background.
Terms and Conditions
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not fill the posts advertised.
- The decisions taken by the senior authorities of the Institute will be considered final and no further changes will be accommodated.
- Mere fulfillment of required minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for a discussion.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more