Physical Research Laboratory Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The Physical Research Laboratory invites applications for the Physical Research Laboratory Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 from PhD candidates. The aim of this fellowship is to promote post-doctoral research in areas of laboratory. Selected fellows will get up to INR 54,000 per month and other benefits.
Physical Research Laboratory Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2020 DeadlineAlways Open
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have a doctorate (PhD) degree/thesis submitted for PhD in any field of Science or Engineering
- Hold a Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Science or Engineering with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels
- Not be more than 35 years of age
The fellowship includes the following benefits -
- Thesis submitted but PhD degree awaited by the scholar – INR 47,000/- per month
- With PhD degree/from the day of application for fellowship Enhancement after a Ph.D. degree is formally awarded by the University/Institute – INR 49,000/- per month
- External PDF applicant holding a PhD degree + 2 or more than 2 years of PDF/Research Associate experience (experience certificate will be required at the time of application) - INR 54,000/- per month
- Academic Allowance – INR 10,000 /- (one time during the PDF tenure)
- Accommodation benefits
- Scanned copy of the Application in the prescribed format
- Abstract of PhD thesis
- List of Publications
- Research proposal (maximum of 2,000 words) and to be prepared in consultation with the proposed PRL supervisor
- Detailed bio-data with details of educational qualifications, age, work experience etc.
- Reference letters
How can you apply?
The selection process will be conducted on a quarterly basis as per the following timeline:
January 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application - 30th November 2020
April 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application - 28th February 2020
July 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application - 31st May 2020
October 2nd week - Deadline of receiving application - 31st August 2020
Selection will be based on the details and documents submitted. It will be done on a quarterly basis.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates should arrange recommendation letters by at least three referees (NON-PRL Faculty members) to be sent directly to the Chairperson, PDF committee via e-mail.
- In case of selection, the candidate will be required to submit the thesis submission certificate at the time of joining PRL.
- Candidates, in consultation with a PRL faculty member, must submit a research proposal outlining the research they would undertake during their post-doctoral fellowship tenure.
- Candidates may be called for an interview only after all the above necessary inputs are received.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) in research areas of the Laboratory is offered for a maximum period of two years. The extension to 2nd year is subject to the satisfactory annual progress review.
- In addition to the fellowship mentioned above, the Post-doctoral Fellows are eligible for accommodation facility as per existing PRL Rules. If accommodation is not provided, HRA will be paid as per PRL rules. If the accommodation provided is refused by PDF on his/her own volition then HRA will not be paid.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more