Physical Research Laboratory Junior Research Fellowship 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Physical Research Laboratory invites applications for Physical Research Laboratory Junior Research Fellowship 2020 from PhD applicants. The following are the broad areas of ongoing research activities in PRL: Astronomy, Astrophysics, Solar Physics, Space & Atmospheric Sciences, Atomic & Molecular Physics, Optical Physics, Astrochemistry, Theoretical Physics, Geosciences and Planetary Sciences. Selected fellows will get up to INR 35,000 per month.
Physical Research Laboratory Junior Research Fellowship 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian Citizen
- Be aged below 28 years as on the last date of submission of application
- Have Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Science or Engineering with at least a first-class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor's and Master's levels
- Have competed for any one of these three:
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, NET-JRF.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Joint Entrance Screening Test
Selected Junior Research Fellows will get INR 31,000 per month and the Senior Research Fellows will get INR 35,000 per month.
- Applicant's photograph in jpg format with file size not more than 10KB
- Marksheets of graduation/post-graduation/HSC/SSC
- Score card(s) of the national exam(s) qualified
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Click here to start the application.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on 'Step 1: Registration' button.
Step 3: Once registered, log in to complete the application.
Step 4: Fill in the required details.
Step 5: Enclose the supporting documents.
Step 6: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 10th May 2020
Interview dates: 04th, 05th, 08th and 09th June 2020
Selection will be based on the details/ documents submitted and the performance in the interview. It will be done on a quarterly basis.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates selected as JRFs will be joining PRL in July 2020
- Those candidates expecting their Master's degree by August 2020 are also eligible to apply, subject to having secured at least a first-class (60%) or equivalent grade(s) up to the last semester.
- The candidates, interested in applying to the PRL's JRF program must fill-in the online application form.
- The interview of the candidate will be based on the academic qualification(s) and basic knowledge in physics, mathematics, & chemistry and not on the topic of research interest opted for pursuing work towards a Ph.D. degree in PRL.
- On the completion of two years, the JRFs will be reviewed and based on the recommendations of the review committee and approval of the Director, PRL, the JRF may be awarded the position of SRF with an enhanced fellowship as per rules. Performance of the Research Fellows shall be reviewed on a yearly basis for the continuation of fellowship.
Click here for more information.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more