Physical Research Laboratory Essay Competition for School Students 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by July, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Physical Research Laboratory invites applications for the Physical Research Laboratory Essay Competition for School Students 2019 from 8th to 12th standard students. On the occasion of the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarabhai, the institution is conducting a pan-India level competition and is providing the winners with an opportunity to win a cash prize of up to INR 25,000.
Physical Research Laboratory Essay Competition for School Students 2019 DeadlineClosed
Students of Class 8 to 12 can enter the contest. The competition is divided into 2 categories in the following way:
- Category 1: students from 8th standard to 10th standard are eligible for this category.
- Category 2: students from 11th to 12th standard are eligible for this category.
The selected winners will receive cash prizes as awards which will be disbursed in the following way:
- Category 1
- 1st Prize- INR 20,000
- 2nd Prize- INR 15,000
- 3rd Prize- INR 10,000
- Additional 5 awards of INR 2,000 each
- Category 2
- 1st Prize- INR 25,000
- 2nd Prize- INR 20,000
- 3rd Prize- INR 15,000
- Additional 5 awards of INR 2,500 each
- Essay (in PDF format)
- Students Information Sheet
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit the scholarship page to access the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents along with the application.
Step 4: Submit the application.
- Submission deadline:15th May 2019
- Date of notification: 15th July 2019
- Presentation: 10th August 2019
- Prize distribution: 12th August 2019
- In the first phase of the selection process, the top essays will be shortlisted.
- The shortlisted entries will be invited to PRL for a presentation.
- The shortlisted applicants will be provided with a 3-tier fare by railways through the shortest route to Ahmedabad. Boarding and lodging will be arranged by PRL during the authorized period of stay.
Terms and Conditions
- The topic for category 1 applicants is 'Home at a distant planet'.
- The topic for category 2 applicants is 'Design innovative experiments for space station'.
- The essay should be written is the following way:
- The summary of the essay should be about 300 words long.
- The major concepts are to be written in three bullets not exceeding 75 words.
- The conclusion of the essay should be no more than 200 words.
- The format of the essay should be as follows:
- Typed on A4 size electronic page
- Font size shall be 12 points in Arial
- 1.5 interlinear space
- Margins of 1.5 cm on all the four sides
- The applicants need to abide by the following guidelines:
- The essay should be written in the English language only
- The essay should be written by a single person
- Submission should be done Online
- The essay should be typed and provided in a PDF format
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more