PhD Scholarship, Water for Change 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
CEPT University, India invites applications for PhD Scholarship: Water for Change 2020 from outstanding PhD researchers interested in sustainability transitions and resilience in general and in urban water systems and governance in particular. The doctoral researcher will be granted admission in the program and will get connected to an international research consortium. Selected researchers will get a cumulative stipend.
PhD Scholarship, Water for Change 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have an excellent academic track record, a completed Masters in Planning, and demonstrated academic or professional experience in urban water systems, water and sanitation issues, intersectoral issues in urban water systems
- Have an affinity with sustainability transitions, the concepts of urban water systems and trans-disciplinary research. Ideally, the candidate has first-hand experiences with theories of urban water governance and urban water systems in the planning context
- Be proficient in English willing to collaborate and travel
- Complete the regular requirements as PhD candidates at CEPT University
- Be professionals having experience in relevant field for no less than 18 months and no more than 5 years
- A cumulative stipend of INR 35,000/- per month during the coursework (first 2 years of the program)
- INR 40,000/- per month for the research work phase (maximum next 3 years) to the selected candidates against successful completion of the assigned work plan
- Statement of Purpose
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the link and register.
Step 2: Make login and fill in the required details.
Step 3: Pay the application fee.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Note- Also submit a Statement of Purpose addressing the following questions (by email on email@example.com).
- What are your areas of concern and interest in the field of - water, sanitation, waste management and cross-cutting issues with respect to urban development? (800 words)
- What is your specific area of research interest? And how did you develop this interest? (400 words)
- What is the material (projects/site work/documentation/research papers/publications/teaching) you have already studied and/or researched in this subject area? (500 words)
Application deadline: 15th December 2019
Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and statement of purpose as submitted by the applicants.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates must commit the project a period of maximum 5 years for successful completion of the PhD course.
- The candidates will pay all the applicable fees pertaining to the CEPT Doctoral Program and abide by the program policy and University rules at all stages.
- If the candidate leaves the doctoral program before due completion, then they will have to pay back the entire amount of stipend availed till the time of withdrawal of admission.
- In case the candidate fails at any stage and their registration is cancelled in the doctoral program, then they will have to pay back the entire amount of stipend availed till the said period.
- In case the candidate requests for a drop of the semester(s) at any stage in the program, the stipend will not be payable for the said period.
- Selected candidates are expected to join the doctoral program under this scholarship no later than the first week of January 2020
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more