PGIMER Post Doctoral Fellowships Entrance Examination 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education And Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh invites applications for Post Doctoral Fellowships Entrance Examination 2020 from MD/MS students. The duration of the fellowship/postdoctoral fellowship is one academic year. During this period, the fellows except sponsored candidates are entitled to emoluments as prescribed by the Government of India. This translates to the basic pay of INR 71,800 in the pay matrix (Level-11) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable.
PGIMER Post Doctoral Fellowships Entrance Examination 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have passed MD/MS from a University/ Institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Have either passed/due to complete, two years senior residency in the concerned department on or before 31st December/30th June for January and July session respectively
- Be registered with Central/State Medical Registration Council
- Not be more than 35 years of age as on 1st July 2020 (Note: Relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen)
The selected fellows/postdoctoral fellows will receive the following benefits -
- Basic pay of INR 71,800 in the pay matrix (Level-11) as per 7th CPC plus other allowances as applicable
- Medical benefits
- Book allowance of INR 3,000
- Hostel accommodation
- Scanned photo and signature of the applicant
- Self-attested/attested copies of certificates/documents in support of the educational qualifications, marks, date of birth, category, experience, etc.
Note: Sponsored/Foreign national category candidates should send the above documents in a separate envelope to the Training Branch, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read the instructions before applying.
Step 2: Candidates can apply only for one subject in Fellowships PGI/ Postdoctoral Fellowship PGI (PDF). The application of any candidate applying for more than one subject is liable to be rejected.
Step 3: Click here to register and fill in all the required details.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Note: The candidates have to apply for temporary registration with the Medical Council of India for the duration of postgraduate study
Form start date: 16th April 2020 at 09:00 AM
Form end date: 16th May 2020 at 11:59 PM
Exam date: 14th June 2020 (Sunday)
Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of merit and their performance in the entrance test.
Terms and Conditions
- The entrance examination shall be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT). The test shall be held on 14.06.2020 (Sunday) and duration shall be 01 hours (one hour / 60 minutes) for Fellowship/Postdoctoral Fellowship courses.
- The theory examination will consist of a paper with two parts (Part1- General, and Part 2- Specialty), each with 30 marks.
- All the Fellow/ Postdoctoral Fellow can avail medical benefits as per the Institute rules (applicable to third-year Senior Resident).
- Candidates (both general and sponsored/deputed) who score at least 50% marks will qualify for a final interview with the Selection Committee/ Counselling Committee.
- No claim for the reimbursement will be entertained after the completion of the course.
- The Fellowship/ Postdoctoral Fellowship course has a duration of one academic year.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more