Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI), UK 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 29-03-2023 Posted By : Debadrita Karmakar
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI), UK 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) [not-for-profit alumni organisation] for Indian students applying for undergraduate/second undergraduate/postgraduate and research studies in the US and UK. The selected students will receive up to INR 4,00,000 and other benefits after securing admission to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the academic year 2023-24.
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship (OCSI), UK 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be a resident of India
- be below 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award
- be a graduate of an Indian university, if applying to a second undergraduate or for a postgraduate course OR
- be a school student in an Indian institution, if applying for an undergraduate course
- have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- intend to pursue one of the following courses of study:
- Research leading to Ph.D. degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research-based Master's programmes of various durations (including M.Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelor's degree as an affiliated student/senior status
- Bachelor's degree programme
- be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures (Note - OCSI cannot admit students or assist in this process)
Note - The applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the awards are also eligible to apply.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is offering scholarships for admission to the University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge in the academic year 2023-24, as below:
- OCSI K.K. Luthra Memorial Scholarship is tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford worth INR 2,50,000
- OCSI Anita Banerji Memorial Scholarship is tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford worth INR 2,00,000
- OCSI Nirmal Luthra Memorial Scholarship is tenable at the University of Cambridge worth INR 4,00,000
The Emmanuel College Cambridge (India) Scholarship worth INR 2,00,000 is tenable at Emmanuel College, Cambridge, from Nikhil Sawhney and Sumant Dhamija
One scholarship worth INR 1,00,000 is tenable only at St. Hilda’s College, Oxford, from Ritika Dhamija
Note - Each year we seek to raise funds and receive other grants that become available by June each year. Candidates will be eligible for any such additional grants as well.
- School leaving certificate
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by following the steps mentioned below -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to register. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Apply for Scholarship' at the top of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 4: Now click on 'If not already registered, please click here' to Register. (Note - If the applicant is already registered, kindly log in using valid credentials)
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents and submit.
Applications Starting Date - 1st March 2023
Application Submission Deadline - 15th May 2023
Shortlisting of Candidates for Interview - Mid-June 2023
Interviews - Mid-July 2023
Announcement of Scholarship Awards - 31st July 2023
The scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria -
- Candidate’s academic excellence
- A good fit between the Scholar and the University
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Commitment to improving the lives of others, particularly in India
The candidates will be evaluated candidates based on three broad dimensions, namely -
- Soft skills include presentation skills, clarity of thought and presentation, demeanour, and confidence.
- Hard skills - The following criteria will be evaluated:
- A unique proposition in the field of study;
- Impact on society in general;
- Likely impact on India;
- Consistent academic performance; and
- Financial means -
- The candidates will, on request, be required to provide details of resources available to them with supporting documents.
- The shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of the means and financial resources available to them. While means is not the overriding criteria, it will be given due deference while awarding any scholarship.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarships are awarded based on the candidate’s academic excellence, a good fit between the scholar and the University, evidence of leadership potential and a commitment to improving the lives of others, particularly in India.
- Candidates who have already received commitments for full outside support should not apply.
- Those who receive support after being selected are required to inform the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India, so that the scholarship award(s) may then be offered to the next-ranked candidate.
- OCSI scholars will use the education they gain at Cambridge or Oxford to become leaders in their field and give back to society in ways that they are best placed to do so.
- In expectation cases, OCSI scholars will return to India in a reasonable time frame after completing their course of study at Cambridge or Oxford.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by k Bhanuprakash chary on 24-Mar-2022
s akhil on 28-Mar-2022
This scholarship is open to those Indian students who have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more