ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) invites applications for ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students 2019-20. All SC/ST students pursuing professional courses such as Engineering, Medical, MBA, Geology and Geophysics are eligible for this scholarship. The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society. Selected 1,000 students will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 each on an annual basis.
ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students 2019-20 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national studying in India only
- Be a 1st-year student of Graduate Engineering, MBBS Course, Masters in Geology/Geophysics, or MBA
- Have secured a minimum 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering/MBBS course and a minimum of 60% marks in graduation for PG courses in Geology/Geophysics/MBA (Note: The minimum OGPA/CGPA should be 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system)
- Have a gross family income of less than INR 4.50 Lakhs per annum (i.e. INR 37,500 per month) from all sources
- Not be more than 30 years of age as on 1 October 2019
- Not be availing any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source
A total of 1,000 scholarships of worth INR 48,000 each will be offered to the selected students on an annual basis.
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate in Hindi/English
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 Marksheet as proof of age
- Copy of Class 12 marksheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students
- Copy of Graduation marksheet in case of MBA/Master's in Geology/Geophysics students
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form as prescribed
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to download the application format.
Step 2: Read the instructions carefully and scroll down to find the application form.
Step 3: Fill all the required details in the form.
Step 4: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 5: Send the completed application form along with the documents duly certified and forwarded by the Head/Principal/Dean of the applicant's institute/college/university to the designated office address of ONGC mentioned in the application form.
Application deadline: 15th October 2019
Declaration of the final list of the scholarship beneficiaries: 10th December 2019
Students will be selected on the basis of relative merit in their last qualifying exams.
Terms and Conditions
- 50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 50% or 5 grade points out of 10 in each year’s annual examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source. However, students receiving tuition fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees from the State Government are eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
- The total number of scholarships is equally distributed in five different zones -
- Zone 1 (North Zone) - J&K, Punjab, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttar Pradesh, and Uttarakhand
- Zone 2 (West Zone) - Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, and Daman & Diu
- Zone 3 (North-East Zone) - Sikkim, Assam, Mizoram, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, and Tripura
- Zone 4 (East Zone) - Bihar, Odisha, Jharkhand, West Bengal, and Chhatisgarh
- Zone 5 (South Zone) - Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Pudducherry, Telangana, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, and Lakshadweep
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more