ONGC Foundation Scholarship Scheme for OBC Category Students 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
ONGC Foundation invites applications for ONGC Foundation Scholarship Scheme for OBC Category Students 2020 from OBC students who are in the first year of Engineering/MBBS/MBA or Master's in Geophysics/Geology programme. The scholarship aims to provide financial support to meritorious students belonging to marginalised sections of the society. Selected scholars will receive INR 48,000 per annum.
ONGC Foundation Scholarship Scheme for OBC Category Students 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Belong to OBC category
- Be studying in the 1st year of Graduate in Engineering or MBBS course or 1st year of Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA programme
- Have obtained a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in class 12 for Engineering and MBBS courses and a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in graduation for PG courses in Geophysics/Geology and MBA (Note: The minimum CGPA/OGPA should be 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system)
- Have a gross family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum from all sources
- Not be more than 30 years of age as on 1st January 2020
A total of 500 students will be selected under this scholarship programme. The selected scholars will get a lump sum amount of INR 4,000 per month i.e. INR 48,000 per annum.
- Copy of caste certificate in English/Hindi
- Copy of birth certificate/ class 10 mark sheet as proof of age
- Copy of class 12 mark sheet (for Engineering/MBBS students)
- Copy of consolidated graduation mark sheet (for MBA/Master's in Geophysics/Geology students)
- Certified copy of annual income certificate (in Hindi/English language)
- Bank details of the applicant
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available)
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the link and start a new application.
Step 2: Fill in the required details.
Step 3: Upload the supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 5th March 2020
- The selection of a candidate will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study.
- In case of students having equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected.
- Preference shall be given to students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if a sufficient number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria are not available.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship amount shall be paid on a yearly basis after completion of the academic year. It will be deposited directly in the bank account of the student through the ECS facility.
- Once awarded, the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to the promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to next year by their respective Institute/College/University.
- For continuation of the scholarship, the student will have to send an ‘Application for renewal' in the prescribed format.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after awarding of ONGC scholarship, he/she has to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
- 50% of scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by KAVERI MURAM on 16-Jan-2021
Yogita Tandale on 31-Mar-2021
when 2021 scholarship application can I fill???
Dimple Thapa on 18-Jan-2021
The result of the ONGC Scholarship has been announced on its official website. The students are advised to visit the home page of ongc scholarship and click on the result button to download the PDF of selected scholars.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more