NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 21-07-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23 is an initiative for the students of Class 1 to 10 of minority communities. The scholarship is being offered by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private school including residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes that have been selected and notified by the respective State Government and Union Territory administration in a transparent manner. The scheme aims to encourage parents of minority communities students to send their school-going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The selected candidates will receive admission/tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians/Parsis)
- Be studying in Class 1 to 10 in India in a government or private school including residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the concerned State Government and Union Territory Administration
- Have secured at least 50% marks in the previous final examination
- Have a family income of not more than INR 1 lakh per annum from all sources
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship in the following way -
- Admission fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 500 per annum
- Tuition fee for Class 6 to 10 (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 350 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Day Scholars): INR 100 per month for Class 1 to 5
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months in an academic year (Both Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 600 per month for Hostellers and INR 100 per month for Day Scholars
- Student Photograph
- Residential/Domicile certificate
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Fee Receipt of the current course year
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government
- A self-certified community certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age (Note - For minors/below 18 years of age the community certificate certified by a parent/guardian is required.)
- Self-attested marksheet indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at a higher secondary/graduation level
- Bank account number of the student with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (Note - The students who do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Aadhaar number of the student and if aadhaar is not available then bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of bank passbook and aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for aadhaar)
- Bonafide student certificate from School/Institute (Note - If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from domicile State/UT of the applicant.)
Note - The format of the file documents must be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Applicant Corner'and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 3: Now click on 'Click here for other Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-23'.
Step 4: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and 'Continue'.
Step 5: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, and write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 6: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 7: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 8: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 9: Now, log in using OTP and fill the application form.
Step 10: After successful submission of the application form, an application ID and password will be generated which can be used for future references.
Note - All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill in only one application as multiple applications will cancel the form.
Scholarship Closing Date: 30th September 2022
Last date for defect verification: 16th October 2022
Last date for Institute verification: 16th October 2022
The candidates will be selected through the following criteria -
- Fresh Application - Weightage will be given according to the financial need of the applicant rather than the marks obtained. In case the family income and the marks of the two applicants are the same, the result will be generated according to the ‘Date of Birth’ and preference will be given to the senior applicant.
- Renewal Application - The scholars will be eligible for the renewal of the scholarship if they have obtained 50% in the previous year’s examinations in the same course and at the same institute. The applicants' application must be verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Terms and Conditions
- 30% scholarship is reserved for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT.
- The continuance of award (for renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year's examination.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied with the reasons for violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, the scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student will be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available scholarships of the Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme.
- The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website.
- The rules and regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- The amount of scholarship will be credited to the aadhaar seeded bank account only.
- It will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide an aadhaar number while applying for the scholarship and in case, an individual does not possess an aadhaar one can provide the details of alternative identification documents.
Note - For more information, kindly refer to the 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by MJ Creations on 12-May-2021
Dimple Thapa on 25-May-2021
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria for this scholarship, you can continue to apply for it within the stipulated time duration.
I'm trisha i want scholarship for my higher studies now I'm studying in 9th standard please help me ?it's very difficult to pay the fees for me so please i request you for my scholarship
Asked by Asha Trisha on 17-Feb-2021
Dimple Thapa on 22-Feb-2021
If you wish to get alerts related to scholarships matching your academic requirements, you need to register on our portal and create your profile. Once your profile is 100% complete, you can access the list of matched scholarships for your studies.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more