Newton Bhabha PhD Placement Programme 2018
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Newton Bhabha PhD Placement Programme 2018 invites applications from PhD who wish to apply for a placement in UK host institution. The programme aims at providing funding support to PhD scholars for short-term placements in UK as well as Indian institutions from March to October 2019.
Newton Bhabha PhD Placement Programme 2018 DeadlineClosed
EligibilityAn applicant must -
- Be an Indian scholar enrolled at an Indian higher education institution
- Be an INSPIRE PhD Senior Research Fellow of Batch 2015 (for STEM and Life Sciences subject)
- Be a PhD scholar (other than INSPIRE fellows) who have qualified through a national level test like UGC/CSIR-NET, BET, GATE, ICAR-NET, ICMR-NET.
- Be pursuing PhD in the mid-second or third year of Life Sciences.
BenefitsThe programme covers -
- Visa fee
- Economy class airfares to and from the country of residence
- Overseas medical insurance incurred by the applicant
- Accommodation cost
- A monthly stipend of GBP 1300
- Bench fees (if applied for) by UK host University
- Supporting letter from the Indian home institution
- Supporting letter from the UK host institution duly signed by the Head of the Department
- Passing certificate of the national level test (in case of Life Sciences only)
- Up-to-date progress report within 10-15 pages (maximum up to 10 MB) approved by the supervisor (for INSPIRE fellows)
How can you apply?Eligible candidates can apply for the programme online through following steps -Step 1: Click here to start the application.Step 2: Tick on the tick box to continue and click the 'Next' button.Step 3: Fill in all required details.Step 4: Attached supporting documentsStep 5: Finally submit the application.
- Applications open: 4 June 2018
- Applications close: 4 August 2018
- Result declaration: October 2018
- Placements to be undertaken: March to October 2019
- Report submission to British Council and DST/DBT: Within 30 days of the completion of placement
Terms and Conditions
- The placement offer covers the funding of research done by Indian and UK PhD scholars at any UK or Indian higher education institution for a period of 2 to 4 months.
- The programme will provide individual professional development through international training and development opportunities
- It will develop international joint training pathways thereby increasing the number of highly trained researchers in UK and India with International experience.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more