New India Foundation Fellowships 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The New India Foundation invites applications for New India Foundation Fellowships 2020 from scholars and writers who are working on different aspects of the history of independent India. The selected fellows will receive a stipend of INR 1,50,000 per month.
New India Foundation Fellowships 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an Indian national
- Be a scholar or writer working on different aspects of the history of independent India
Note: Past NIF fellows may also apply.
A total of 5 to 10 fellowships are awarded. The fellowships are awarded for one year and carry a stipend of INR 1.5 lakhs per month.
- Book Proposal (not more than 5,000 words)
- Writing samples (not more than 5,000 words)
How can you apply?
Procedure to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click here to apply for the scholarship.
Step 2: Fill in all the details.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Application deadline: 31st August 2020
Candidates for the New India Fellowship are sought through select advertising in leading journals. The Trustees assess the proposals and make a shortlist from the submissions. The shortlisted candidates are called for an interview, with a jury consisting of eminent people from the worlds of scholarship, business, and social service.
Terms and Conditions
- The Fellowship is given against a self-declaration that all material and outputs are the original work of the author.
- Fellowship awardees are required to devote themselves full-time to the book project during the 1 year period.
For more details, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more