NBHM Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies in Mathematics 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), Department of Atomic Energy invites applications from graduates in mathematics for NBHM Scholarships for Post Graduate Studies in Mathematics 2019. The selected students will get a monthly scholarship of INR 6,000 per month for the duration of the course.
NBHM Scholarship for Post Graduate Studies in Mathematics 2019 DeadlineClosed
The following students can apply:
- Students who have completed or will complete their B.A. / B.Sc. degree in mathematics by the end of July 2019 with 60% marks or more (or equivalent).
- Students who have completed or will complete their B.A.(Hons.) / B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics by the end of July 2019 with 50% marks or more (or equivalent).
- Students who have completed or will complete their three or four years of a recognized five-year integrated masters programme in mathematics by the end of July 2019 with 60% marks or more (or equivalent).
- Students who have completed or will complete their one year of a recognized two-year M.A. / M.Sc. degree program in Mathematics by the end of July 2019 with 60% or more (or equivalent). (Note: Undergraduate marks should be 60% or more. For honours graduation degree, minimum marks should be 50% or more).
The selected students will get INR 6,000 per month for the duration of their course (max. 24 months).
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step1: Click here to start the application.
Step 2: Click on "New Registration" to register.
Step 3: Read the instructions carefully and click "Proceed".
Step 4: Fill all the details and click "Submit".
Step 5: Click here and log in with the registered ID and password.
Step 6: Pay INR 300 registration fee online and provide all necessary documents.
Step 7: Submit.
Online application start date - 01st August 2019
Last date for online application - 01st October 2019
Download of admission tickets starts - September 06, 2019
Date of written test - October 19, 2019
- The selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the written test and the interview.
- The written test will be 150 mins long involving multiple-choice questions related to areas of analysis, algebra and mathematics. (Click here to see the question papers for reference).
- The written test will be held in five zones:
- Zone 1: Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar.
- Zone 2: Indore, Jabalpur, Prayagraj, Raipur.
- Zone 3: Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.
- Zone 4: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong.
- Zone 5: Bengaluru, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad.
- The students shortlisted in the written test will appear for the interview. The interview will take place at one location in each zone and will be announced later.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be disbursed through the student’s institution
- Candidates must make their own arrangements for travel and stay for the written exam.
- Students enrolled in recognised five-year integrated courses will get the scholarships in their 4th and 5th year.
- Students who have completed their first year of M.A./M.Sc. will get the scholarship for 12 months of their final year.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more