NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM), India invites applications for NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 from PhD students. This scholarship is available for candidates who are pursuing doctoral studies (PhD) in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics for the academic year 2021-22. The scholarship is intended to support the pursuit of research leading to a PhD degree in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics. Selected candidates will receive a monthly fellowship of INR 31,000 for the first two years and INR 35,000 for the subsequent two/three years. The candidate will also receive a yearly contingency grant of INR 40,000 and a house rent allowance (HRA) as well.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Scheme 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time PhD programme in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics in a recognised university or institution in India
- Qualify the written test and the subsequent interview
- INR 31,000 per month for the first two years
- INR 35,000 per month for the subsequent two/three years
- Yearly contingency grant of INR 40,000
- House rent allowance (HRA)
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and register.
Step 2: Make login and fill in the required details.
Step 3: Pay the application fee.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Online application portal scheduled to open- 22nd February 2021
Application fee hike to kick in- 11th March 2021
Application portal to close at the end of this day- 21st March 2021
The written test to be held- 10th April 2021
Selection will be made on the basis of performance in the test and the subsequent interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on the performance in the test.
- At the time of the interview, the academic track record of the candidate will be scrutinised and taken into consideration.
Terms and Conditions
- All correspondence regarding the application will be sent only to the registered email address. For every registered email, the candidate can file only one application.
- Applicants need to generate two original hard copies of the admission ticket and carry both to the test centre with them. One of these copies will be signed by the invigilator and returned to the candidate; the other will be retained by the invigilator.
- The performances in the test and subsequent interview will by far be the most significant determining factor in selection for grant of the scholarship (although other factors will also be considered).
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more