National Talent Search Examination NTSE 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 23-06-2020 Posted By : Sony Mercer
The National Talent Search Exam NTSE 2020 organised by NCERT is open for students currently studying in class 10. This program is meant to identify and nurture talent through financial support provided at various stages of education. The exam will be conducted at two levels: state and national.
National Talent Search Examination NTSE 2020
All students of class 10 studying in recognised schools are eligible for the Stage-I examination irrespective of their domicile. The students selected after Stage-I will be eligible for Stage-II examination.
Note: Open Distance Learning students are also eligible to apply if they are below 18 years of age.
The scholarship will be awarded for different stages of education in the following way:
- For class 11 to 12, an amount of INR 1,250 per month will be awarded.
- For undergraduates and postgraduates, an amount of INR 2,000 per month will be awarded.
- For PhD, the amount will be in accordance with the UGC norms.
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for NTSE 2020:
Step 1: Look out for state-level notification by respective state/UT government in the newspapers or circulars in the school.
Step 2: Contact the respective state liaison officer to get the application form.
Step 3: Fill in the application form.
Step 4: Get it signed by the School Principal.
Step 5: Submit the duly filled application along with the examination fee (if applicable) to the address provided by the Liaison Officer of the state.
The contact details of the concerned liaison officers for various states and union territories can be found here.
Note: The fee charged for the Stage-I examination will be notified by the states and UTs itself. There will be no charge for the Stage-II examination.
- Last date for application submission: Notified by the respective state/UT. Details mentioned below.
- Exam date for Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands: 2 November 2019
- Exam date all other states and UTs except West Bengal: 3 November 2019
- Exam date for West Bengal: 17 November 2019
- Exam date for all states and UTs: 20 May 2020
The selection for Stage-I will be done by the states/UTs based on the written examination. The selected candidates will then be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination which will be conducted by the NCERT.
Note: For each exam, the qualifying marks for SC/ST/PH category students are 32% in each paper. For General/OBC candidates, qualifying marks are 40%.
Terms and Conditions
- Reservation for the Stage-II examination
- 15% for students of SC category
- 7.5% for students of ST category
- 27% for students of OBC category
- 4% for students who are physically challenged
- The written exam at Stage-I and Stage-II will be of 100 marks with a total of 100 questions.
- The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes.
- In the Stage-II examination, there will be no negative marking.
- The written exam will be divided into two parts: Paper-I (Mental Ability Test) and Paper-II (Scholastic Aptitude Test).
- No application should be sent to NCERT.
- Indian students who are in class 10 and are studying abroad can directly appear for Stage-II examination (Send the applications by 31st December 2019).
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by October, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
Asked by DHARANI S on 24-Jul-2021
Dimple Thapa on 02-Aug-2021
At present, there are a number of scholarships available for students studying in different class categories. We would request you to register on our portal and complete your profile to get access to best-fit scholarships as per your academic qualification.
Asked by Swathi S on 08-Sep-2020
Dimple Thapa on 09-Sep-2020
Yes, it is safe, feel free to apply if you meet all the requirements.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more