National Sports Talent Search Grant for STC 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Sports Authority of India (SAI) under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports is offering a financial grant to groom the junior level sportspersons in the age group of 12-18 years. SAI Training Centres (STCs) are established in a State where the sports infrastructure is provided by the respective State Governments. The selected sportsperson will receive multiple benefits including boarding expenses, sports kit, education expenses, stipend, and insurance etc.
National Sports Talent Search Grant for STC 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the candidate must:
- Be 12 years to 18 years for individual sports
- Be 10 years to 18 years for team sports
Note: Relaxation by DG SAI can be granted on an exceptional basis and after fulfilling certain conditions, limited to 25% of the new induction.
The financial grant is awarded in the following manner:
For resident trainees:
- Boarding Expenses (per day per head) Non-Hilly Areas for 330 days- INR 225
- Per day per head for Hilly Areas for 330 Days- INR 250
- Sports kit (per trainee per annum) (Max. INR 5000)- INR 12000
- Competition Exposure (per trainee per annum)
- Education Expenses (per trainee per annum)
- Medical Expenses (per trainee per annum)
- Insurance (per trainee per annum)
- Other Expenses (per trainee per annum)
For non-resident trainee:
- Sports Kit (per trainee per year) - INR 4000
- Competition exposure (per trainee per annum)- INR 3000
- Stipend (per trainee per year)- INR 6000
- Insurance (per trainee p.a.)- INR 150
Documents How can you apply?
Apply to a scheme in a simple process shown below:
Step 1: Visit and register on the site by clicking on the "Register" button.
Step 2: Create a profile.
Step 3: In order to get shortlisted, provide as much information as you can especially if you have been a sportsperson and participated in competitions before.
Step 4: Apply for the scheme - "SAI Training Centre(s)" before the deadline.
Note: Parents can apply on behalf of their ward.
- Scheme start date - 01/04/2017
- Scheme end date - 31/03/2019
Terms and Conditions
The applicants are eligible for the following sports category:
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Lawn Tennis
- Sepak takraw
- Table Tennis
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more