National Meritorious Invention Awards NRDC 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) invites applications for National Meritorious Invention Awards NRDC 2020 from Indian students. It offers tax-free cash awards to meritorious inventions in three categories i.e., National Innovation Award, National Societal Innovation Award and National Budding Innovators Award. The selected innovators will get an award of up to INR 5,00,000 each.
National Meritorious Invention Awards NRDC 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for the NRDC National Innovation Award of the Year, an applicant must:
- Be a professional involved in IP driven innovation, premium innovation, innovation in the high tech area
To be eligible for the NRDC National Societal Innovation Award of the Year, an applicant must:
- Be a professional working in fields of agriculture, environment, rural milieu, energy, medical, and any other discipline having societal impact/importance
To be eligible for the NRDC National Budding Innovators Award of the Year (for students only), an applicant must:
- Be registered for Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral (PhD) Degree in academic institutions, research institutions, universities or affiliated colleges at the time of applying
- Be below 28 years of age
- Forward his/her application through the Head of the Institution
The following awards will be given in the mentioned categories:
- NRDC National Innovation Award of the Year: Two awards will be given of INR 5,00,000 each
- NRDC National Societal Innovation Award of the Year: Three awards will be given of INR 3,00,000 each
- NRDC National Budding Innovators Award of the Year: Five awards will be given of INR 1,00,000 each
Following documents are required:
- Application form printout (with the signature of the applicant on the last page of the application form).
- Applicant’s declaration
- No Objection Certification from employer
- No Objection Certification from a person whose name was appeared in patent application but not in NRDC National Awards Application (if applicable)
- No Objection Certification for a person whose name appeared in NRDC National Awards Application but not in Patent Application (if applicable)
- Patent Search Report (if available)
- Latest passport size photograph
- Photocopy of Pan card
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card
- Photocopy of Cancelled Cheque of Bank account
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click here to start the application.
Step 2: Read the instructions carefully for filling the online application form.
Step 3: Click on 'Register'.
Step 4: Once registered, log in using the registered email id and password to gain access to the application form.
Step 5: Select the award to apply for.
Step 6: Read all the instructions carefully and accept the terms and conditions.
Step 7: Fill the 4 sections of the form and upload relevant documents (as required).
Step 8: Submit the completed application form.
Step 9: Acknowledgement will be generated after the final submission of the online application form. Keep it for the record. A link to download the filled application form will be provided to download the PDF file for printing.
Last date for complete online application: 31st August 2020
The selection will be made by the NRDC Prize Awards Committee in their meetings on the basis of social importance and impact of the research submitted by the applicant. The Award Committee considers the following attributes while making a selection -
- Originality and novelty of the innovation
- The principle involved in the innovation
- Advantages or improvements over known alternatives
- Potential or status of commercialisation of innovation
Terms and Conditions
- In case the applicant(s) are self-employed, it may be clearly indicated in the application form.
- The applicant(s) employed in any organization should forward their application through the head of the organization along with a No Objection Certificate.
- Application(s) will not be returned to the applicant(s).
- The applicant(s) may be required to send the prototypes/ working models/ videos to NRDC for assessment, if necessary.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more