National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities 2021 also known as the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) is open for students with disabilities who have been admitted to MPhil/PhD degree in a University or academic institution. The scholarship scheme aims to enable meritorious but disabled students to effectively take advantage of various opportunities at the national and international level. Under this scheme, the students will receive a monthly fellowship of up to INR 31,000 along with various other benefits.
National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities 2021 DeadlineClosed
Students with disabilities who have been admitted to M.Phil./Ph.D degree in a University or academic institution by completing the required formalities for admission in that University or academic institution are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Fellowship - INR 31,000 per month for initial two years as JRF and INR 35,000 per month for remaining tenure as SRF
- Contingency (For Humanities & Social Sciences including Arts/Fine Arts) - INR 10,000 for JRF and INR 20,000 for SRF
- Contingency (For Science, Engineering & Technology) - INR 12,000 for JRF and INR 25,000 for SRF
- Escorts/Reader assistance of INR 2,000 per month
- HRA (as per government norms)
Documents How can you apply?
Interested students can apply for this scholarship by following the below steps-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below
Step 2: Carefully read the guidelines before filling the application form.
Step 3: Fill personal details, upload necessary documents and generate a candidate registration id.
Step 4: In the next step, fill the details of the research work.
Step 5: Enter other information including employment details.
Step 6: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 17th January 2021
The selection will be made purely on merit based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in their postgraduation examination, after verification of applications, from amongst the candidates whose applications are received through online mode on the designated portal of UGC.
Terms and Conditions
- This scheme covers all universities/institutions recognized by the UGC and Non-Universities/Institutions.
- This scheme is for students with disabilities who are covered under 'The Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995'.
- There are 200 slots for each year with the provision of reservation of 15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more