National Fellowship for Higher Education for ST Students 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by November, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India is inviting applications for National Fellowship for Higher Education for ST Students 2020 from ST students pursuing MPhil/PhD courses. Under this scheme, ST students are given financial assistance to encourage them to pursue higher education.
National Fellowship for Higher Education for ST Students 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must-
- Have passed the post-graduation examination
- Be admitted to or registered for a regular full-time MPhil/PhD programme in institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act/ICAR
To qualify for the Senior Research Fellowship, the applicant must fulfil the prescribed UGC/ICAR norms.
Under this scheme, ST students are given financial assistance as given below -
- Fellowship of INR 25,000 per month
- Contingency grant of INR 10,000 per year (for Humanities and Social Sciences) and INR 12,000 per year (for Science, Engineering and Technology)
- Fellowship of INR 28,000 per month
- Contingency grant of INR 20,500 per year (for Humanities and Social Sciences) and INR 25,000 per year (for Science, Engineering and Technology)
Besides this, the fellows will also receive -
- HRA as per the rules of University/Institutions/Colleges
- Escorts/Reader Assistance of INR 2,000 per month for physically handicapped and blind students
Documents How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on the 'Students Registration' button under the New Registration tab.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 4: Once registered, log in to proceed with the application.
Step 5: Fill in all required detail and upload all supporting documents.
Step 6: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 20th December 2020
Selection of candidates will be made based on the marks obtained in the last passed examination.
Terms and Conditions
- The total number of fresh fellowships each year is 750.
- The fellowship is applicable only from the financial year of selection.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more