National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
The National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar along with the University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE DEBS), Mumbai invites applications for National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2021 from Class 12 appearing and passed students. The aim of this test is to support talented students to study at prestigious institutes. Selected students will get admission to 5 years integrated MSc program 2021-26 at NISER Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai, and various other benefits.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2021 Deadline15-Jul-2021
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Pass the Class 12 board examination or equivalent in the science stream in the years 2019 or 2020 or have appeared in 2021 from any recognized Higher Secondary Education Board in India
- Secure at least 60% in aggregate or equivalent in the Class 12 board examination (For SC/ST/Divyangjan candidates the requirement is 55%)
- Be born on or after August 01, 2001 (for SC/ST/Divyangjan students the limit is relaxed by five years)
- Secure a position in the NEST merit list
The selected students will receive the following benefits -
- Admission to 5 years integrated M.Sc program 2021-26 at NISER Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000 through DISHA program of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India
- An additional grant of INR 20,000 per annum for the summer internship
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Scanned signature of the applicant
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button.
Step 2: Register online on the official NEST portal.
Step 3: The login credentials will be received on the registered phone number and email address.
Step 4: Fill the application form carefully.
Step 5: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 6: Pay the application fee of INR 1,200 (INR 600 for SC/ST/Divyangjan students) online.
Step 7: Submit the application form.
Applications Starting Date: 24th February 2021
Applications Deadline: 15th July 2021
Admit Card Availability: 20th May 2021
Date of Examination: 14th June 2021 (Hours of examination: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM & 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM)
Announcement of the Result: 30th June 2021
The selection will be based on the applicant's performance in the NEST 2021 examination.
Terms and Conditions
- The admit card for NEST 2021 will be available for download from 20 May 2021. Admit cards will NOT be dispatched to any applicant. Applicants must download their admit cards from the NEST website (after login). The download link will be available only till the day of the examination.
- The phone number that is provided during the application should be accessible by the candidate. NEST office uses this phone number to reach a candidate whenever necessary.
- A properly scanned and cropped passport size photograph should be uploaded. The photo and signature file must be not more than 800 KB and must be in.JPG or.JPEG format only.
- Any dispute arising out of or related to the NEST 2021 examination shall be subject to Mumbai jurisdiction.
- The NEST examination will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- The test will be conducted across 90 cities and towns of the country.
- The test contains 5 sections of multiple-choice questions. While the first section (general) is 30 marks, the remaining four sections (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics) are 50 marks each.
- There will be no negative marking for the general section. However, for subject-wise sections, there will be negative marking for certain questions.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more