National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission in National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. The objective of NEST is to train scientific manpower for carrying out exemplary scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2019 DeadlineClosed
For taking admission, students should fulfil all four of these conditions:
- Students born on or after August 01, 1999. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
- The student must have qualified class 12th examination in either 2017 or 2018. Students appearing in 2019 are also eligible.
- The students must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class 12 (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
- The student should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
The students selected will receive the following perks:
- Admission in the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000 either through the INSPIRE program of Department of Science and Technology or the DISHA program of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- The scholarship recipients will also receive a grant of INR 20,000 per annum for a summer internship.
- The top performers at NISER and CEBS, securing overall grades above a certain threshold at the end of the programme, are eligible to appear directly for the interview for admission to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) training school.
The following documents are required:
- Class 10 mark sheet/report card/certificate
- Digital copy of passport size photograph in .jpeg or. Jpg format (size limit: 80 kb)
- Scanned image of the students signature in .jpeg or .jpg format (size limit: 80 kb)
- Scanned passport size photograph of the student
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Register online on the official NEST portal.
Step 2: The login credentials will be received on the registered phone number and email address.
Step 3: Fill the application form carefully.
Step 4: Attach the necessary documents.
Step 5: Submit the application form.
- Applications open- 7th January 2019
- Submission deadline: 11th March 2019 (Midnight)
- Admit card availability: 24th April 2019 (10.00 am)
- Date of examination: 1st June 2019 (Saturday) session 1- 9:00 am - 12:30 pm; session 2- 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Announcement of the result: 17th June 2019
Terms and Conditions
- The results will be announced on the NEST website.
- For the students appearing 12th standard, a Letter Grade given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.
- Candidates seeking admission to NISER and UM–DAE CEBS for the integrated MSc programme 2019–24 should be from regular science stream only (Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics) in classes 11 and 12.
- Necessary certificates supporting eligibility criteria have to be furnished at the time of admission. The offer of admission is subject to verification of all original certificates at the time of admission/counselling.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more