NABA International Fashion and Textile Design Competition Scholarship, Italy 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
NABA (Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti) in collaboration with Rosato Gioielli invites young designers to participate in the International Fashion and Textile Design Competition 2019 to avail scholarship for the partial coverage of tuition fee. The competition is called “Self-Portrait: My Portrait Through Fashion”. To enter the competition, participants should introduce themselves through the presentation of a collection capable of reflecting their own personality. In this self-portrait competition, candidates have to reference their personal imagination, personality, moral and artistic qualities.
The winners of the competition can avail a tuition fee discount of up to 60% during the first year of the MA Program in Fashion and Textile Design starting in September 2019.
NABA International Fashion and Textile Design Competition Scholarship, Italy 2019 DeadlineClosed
The competition is open to young designers that adopt and recognize in fashion a language able to visually embrace the essence of the contemporary world (music, visual arts, humanistic culture, technical/scientific culture, craft and industrial technologies, experimentation and tradition). They must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Should hold a first-level academic diploma or BA degree
- Or should be graduating within the academic year 2018-19
- Have the knowledge of Italian/English language equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs)
The best 5 projects will be awarded the scholarship for the partial coverage of tuition fee for the first year of MA in Fashion and Textile Design starting in September 2019.
The winners of the "Self-Portrait: My Portrait Through Fashion" competition scholarship can avail the following benefits:
- The 1st prize winner will receive a tuition fee coverage of 60%
- The 2nd prize winner will receive a tuition fee coverage of 50%
- The 3rd prize winner will receive a tuition fee coverage of 40%
- Two special mentions will receive a tuition fee coverage of 20%
The prizes will amount to the following:
- EUR 11,360 for EU passport holders
- EUR 16,360 for non-EU passport holders
Candidates need to submit a pdf file with the layout coherent to the content including:
- Written introduction
- Visual introduction: moodboard – research-inspiration (if the candidate is not the owner, photo credits must be included)
- Sketches of the collection (min. 3 max. 9)
- Drawings of the sketch created by the candidate
- Ready-to-wear or still life outfit images (max. 4)
- An illustration representing the content of the project
- Work in progress pictures including pictures of each step during the creation of the outfit
- Notes about the realization (i.e., sewn/made by the applicant, sewn/made by someone else, list of materials and techniques)
Applicants also need to submit the following:
- Personal portfolio of works and projects
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian
- Academic transcript/mark sheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with the corresponding number of hours/credits
- Copy of passport
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2019/2020
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Read the scholarship instructions before applying.
Step 2: Visit the online application portal.
Step 3: Select the degree level, the program course, campus for study, and the language for the course.
Step 4: Upload the required documents.
Step 5: Access the application form after validating the email address.
Step 6: Complete the application, upload the proposals, and submit the application.
Step 7: Alternatively, candidates can also send the duly filled application form along with all the relevant documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 10th May 2019
- Result declaration: 30th May 2019
- Deadline to enrol in the MA Program: 7th June 2019
The projects will be evaluated and selected by the Faculty of the 2-year MA in Fashion and Textile Design and the Admissions Jury. The work will be evaluated based on the following:
- Visual communication
- Quality of the execution
Terms and Conditions
- There is no application fee for competition participants.
- The rights of the submitted project will remain with the author.
- The projects submitted to NABA will not be returned.
- The scholarship offered under this competition cannot be combined with any other economic grant offered by NABA.
- In case of non-acceptance of the prize by the selected candidate, it will be transferred to the next candidate.
- The awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program or to a different program.
- The scholarship amount will be deducted from the latest instalment of tuition fees.
Find more details here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more