NABA International Contemporary Art Markets Competition Scholarship, Italy 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
NABA (Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti) in collaboration with Open Care Servizi per l’Arte invites graduates and diploma holders to participate in the International Contemporary Art Markets Competition 2019 to avail scholarship for the partial coverage of tuition fee. The competition is called “The Global Contemporary – The pictured collection”.
The objective of this scholarship is to enhance manpower in this field to take contemporary art from museums to markets and blend the traditional art with the latest trends. The selected scholars have the opportunity to get a tuition fee waiver of up to 60% for 1-year Master's degree in Contemporary Art Markets starting in September 2019.
NABA International Contemporary Art Markets Competition Scholarship, Italy 2019 DeadlineClosed
The following applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship program:
- Should hold a first-level academic diploma or BA degree
- Or, should be graduating in the academic year 2018-19 in arts, humanities, economics or legal disciplines
- Should be interested in learning more about the art market and the valorization of collections
- The competition is also open to candidates with proven professional experience in the art world
- Should have the knowledge of the Italian/English language equal to a complete B1 Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (IELTS 5.0 or equivalent for English programs)
The best 5 projects will be awarded the scholarship for the partial coverage of tuition fee for Master's degree in Contemporary Art Markets starting in September 2019.
The winners of the "The Global Contemporary – The pictured collection" competition scholarship can avail the following benefits:
- The 1st prize winner will receive a tuition fee coverage of 60%
- The 2nd prize winner will receive a tuition fee coverage of 50%
- The 3rd prize winner will receive a tuition fee coverage of 40%
- Two special mentions will receive a tuition fee coverage of 20%
The prizes will amount to the following:
- EUR 13,950 for EU passport holders
- EUR 17,950 for non-EU passport holders
Applicants need to submit the following:
- Project proposal [explained in text in maximum 2 A4 size pages accompanied by a drawing/graphic or photomontage maximum 4 A3 pages and other digital materials (CD/DVD/USB flash drive) in PDF format]
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Motivation statement
- Copy of Bachelor Degree/Academic diploma translated into English/Italian
- Academic transcript/mark sheet of previous studies, translated into English/Italian, listing subjects and exams, with the corresponding number of hours/credits
- Copy of passport
- NABA Master Programs Application Form – Academic Year 2019/2020
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Read the scholarship instructions before applying.
Step 2: Visit the online application portal.
Step 3: Select the degree level, the program course, campus for study, and the language for the course.
Step 4: Upload the required documents.
Step 5: Access the application form after validating the email address.
Step 6: Complete the application, upload the proposals, and submit the application.
Step 7: Alternatively, candidates can also send the duly filled application form along with all the relevant documents by email to email@example.com
- Application deadline: 10th May 2019
- Result declaration: 30th May 2019
- Deadline to enrol in the MA Program: 7th June 2019
The applicants have to submit a dossier containing 15 works, where contemporary art dialogues with works from different cultures and times. The applicants can consult exhibition catalogs, auction houses and gallery websites, candidates are required to select a collection of works, which are to be described individually in a datasheet (author, technique, date, size, origin, and price, where available) and write an introductory text presenting the collection and the reasons behind their choices.
The applicant will be shortlisted based on this dossier.
The projects submitted by candidates will be assessed
and selected by:
- MARCO SCOTINI - Director of NABA’s Visual Arts
- Department, Artistic Director at FM Contemporary Art Centre, Milan
- ANTONELLA CRIPPA - Collection Chief Curator at UBI Banca
- ELISABETTA GALASSO - CEO Open Care Servizi per l'Arte
- ADRIANA POLVERONI - Art Verona Director
- NABA Admissions Jury
Terms and Conditions
- There is no application fee for competition participants.
- The rights of the submitted project will remain with the author.
- The projects submitted to NABA will not be returned.
- The jury will judge at its own discretion and its decision is final.
- The scholarship offered under this competition cannot be combined with any other economic grant offered by NABA.
- In case of non-acceptance of the prize by the selected candidate, it will be transferred to the next candidate.
- The awarded prizes cannot be deferred to future intakes of the program or to a different program.
- The scholarship amount will be deducted from the latest instalment of tuition fees.
For more information, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more