Millennial Indian Writers Pan India Online Essay Contest 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Takhte and UNESCO New Delhi Cluster are organising Millennial Indian Writers Pan India Online Essay Contest 2019 for children aged 13 to 15 years and youth aged 16 to 18 years. The contest is titled ‘Millennial Indian Writers’, and the 100 winning essays will be published in a book entitled "Inside the Millennial Mind: Essays by 100 Young Indians".
Millennial Indian Writers Pan India Online Essay Contest 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national, residing in India as of 31 August 2019
- Be of the age group between 13 and 15 years as of 31 August 2019 (category A)
- Be of the age group between16 and 18 years as of 31 August 2019 (category B)
- The winners of the essay contest will be announced on the websites and Facebook pages of Takhte and UNESCO New Delhi.
- The writers of the 100 winning essays will receive Certificates of Recognition from Takhte and UNESCO New Delhi.
- The essays will be published in the form of a book entitled Inside the Millennial Mind: Essays by 100 Young Indians.
- The book of essays will be launched at a ceremony at UNESCO New Delhi, and will subsequently be promoted extensively both offline and online by Takhte and UNESCO in order to maximise its visibility and outreach.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the contest:
Step 1: Visit the link here and read the contest information carefully.
Step 2: Click on 'Contest Form' button.
Step 3: Fill the information related to personal details and upload the essay on the topics specified.
Step 4: Submit the form and the applicants will be redirected to the payment page where they need to pay registration fees of INR 236.
Application open dates: 10 April 2019
Application deadline: 15 June 2019
Duration of evaluation and selection: Three months from submission
Announcement of Winners: 30 September 2019
The process of evaluation and announcement of winners will take three months from the closure of the submission period on 15 June 2019. The following criteria are considered for the evaluation and selection of the winners -
- Clarity and comprehensiveness
- Interpretation of the given topic
- The depth of research and relevance of arguments
- Language and style
- Structure and flow
- Communication of key ideas
Terms and Conditions
- Essay topics for children -
- How can schools address the challenge of bullying?
- Can children strengthen local efforts to fight climate change?
- Does participation in sports contribute to all-round personal growth?
- How can history and cultural heritage be brought alive for children?
- Has our need for instant news affected the quality of journalism?
- Essay topics for youth -
- Why is global citizenship education important?
- Is protecting our natural environment a priority?
- Are internal migrants an asset or a burden for local economies?
- What role could culture play in sustainable development?
- How democratic are citizens discussions on social media?
- Title and word count of essay for category A students:
- The essay title should correspond exactly to one of the topics provided. The word count of the essay should not exceed 600 words. (word count of 570 – 600 words would be ideal.)
- Title and word count of essay for category B students:
- The essay title should correspond exactly to one of the topics provided. The word count of the essay should not exceed 700 words. (word count of 670 – 700 words would be ideal.)
- The applicants should not change the title of the essay.
- Schools registering for a group of students can contact the organisers of Takhte Team
- All essays must be submitted in English language only.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more