MHRD PhD Fellowships for ASEAN Students 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India invites applications for MHRD PhD Fellowships for ASEAN Students 2021 from ASEAN citizens to pursue the PhD programme at an IIT of their choice. The aim of this fellowship is to support the research study of ASEAN students. Selected students will get stipend of up to INR 35,000 per month and several other benefits.
MHRD PhD Fellowships for ASEAN Students 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a citizen of ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Philipines, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, Brunei, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Lao PDR)
- Be aspiring to get enrolled in a PhD programme at an IIT of his/her choice
The selected fellows will get -
- A stipend of INR 31,000 per month for the first 2 years
- A stipend of INR 35,000 for the next three years
- Research grant of up to INR 170,000 for research expenses such as travel, books, and contingency
- Accommodation/Monthly House Rent Allowance of up to 24%, as per government norms (depending on the city) of the stipend (if hostel accommodation not provided)
Following documents are required at the time of application:
- Educational degree certificates/mark sheets
- Latest photograph
- Copy of Passport
- Persons with Disability (PwD) certificate, if applicable
Note: The applicants are required to compile the following documents in PDF format.
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button below and read all details.
Step 2: Click on "New User Register Here".
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 4: Once registered, log in with a registered username and password.
Step 5: Click on apply now, provide all the details and upload the relevant documents in PDF format.
Step 6: Save and submit.
Note: The size of the PDF should not be more than 2MB and should not be encrypted or compressed.
Application deadline: 31st March 2021
Each IIT a candidate applies to, conducts its admission process consisting of an application screening, shortlisting, possible online interview, and announces its admission offers, including the waitlist.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates selected in multiple programmes give their final acceptance to exactly one, and the consolidated results are announced on the online portal after duly operating the waitlist.
- A total of 1,000 fellowships are available under this programme.
- All supporting documents must be in PDF format (except photograph), under 2MB in size.
- The programme offers fellowships only at IITs and is not meant for any other Indian educational institution.
- The fellowship is at par with that for Indian research scholars and covers the entire cost of study and living expenses for up to 5 years of the PhD programme.
- The fellowship also provides an additional contingency fund to cover research expenses such as travel and books.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more