Merit cum Means Scholarship for BPL students 2020-21
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
The Directorate of Higher Secondary Education (DHSE), Government of Kerala invites applications from students of Government and Aided Higher Secondary schools whose parents or guardians come under the BPL category. The students have the opportunity to win a scholarship of INR 5,000. It is a comprehensive merit-cum-means initiative by the government providing financial assistance to the meritorious students of the weaker sections of the society.
Merit cum Means Scholarship for BPL students 2020-21
The scholarship is applicable to the following students:
- Should be a student of a government and aided higher secondary school.
- The guardian/parent of the student should belong to the BPL category.
- Must have secured a high grade in their secondary school leaving certificate (SSLC) or any other equivalent exam.
- The percentage of attendance of the student shall be at least 70%.
- The students who belong to the differently-abled category shall produce the certificate from the competent medical board to the effect that they have at least 40% disability.
The selected scholars will receive a fixed scholarship of INR 5,000.
How can you apply?
The application can be done through the following steps -
Interested applicants can contact the principals of their respective schools to get the application form for the scholarship.
Application Deadline: 22nd December 2020
- A Selection Committee is constituted with the following members for identifying the eligible beneficiaries:-
- Principal (Chairperson)
- Headmaster/Headmistress of the school (Member)
- PTA President (Member)
- Staff Secretary (Member)
- A representative of the teaching staff elected by the staff council (Member)
Note: One of the members shall be a woman.
- The weightage of the Grade Point Average (WGPA), without bonus points, of the SSLC/equivalent exam calculated at the time of admission to the first year course (11th class) is the criterion for deciding merit.
- The BPL list published by the competent authority shall be taken as the criterion for deciding means. If two or more candidates belonging to the BPL category have equal WGPA, the following additional criteria shall also be followed in the order of priority:
- Students whose parents are no more.
- Candidates whose mother is a widow or legally separated or divorced or unwedded mothers.
- Students whose father alone is alive.
- Candidates whose parents suffer from an incurable disease like cancer, heart ailments, leprosy, TB, AIDS, Kidney ailments, stroke-related paralysis and lunacy.
- Children of differently-abled parents.
- Either father or the mother engaged in any traditional industries like coir, cashew, beedi, handloom, pottery, brick or tile making industries, match industries etc.
- Parents having no land or house of his/her own.
- The eligible candidates belonging to the general category shall be selected by the Selection Committee at the school level.
- The selection of eligible candidates belonging to the SC/ST communities shall be done by the district level Review Committee from among the list of candidates selected by School Level Selection Committee. The number of scholarships allotted to each district shall be intimated to the Review Committee by the Directors concerned.
- The candidates coming under the sports, arts and differently abled categories shall be selected by the Director from among the list forwarded by the school level selection committee.
Terms and Conditions
- In case any Class 12th, general category beneficiary does not satisfy the mandatory criteria for renewal, that scholarship shall be allotted to the next Class 12th student in the selection list prepared in the previous year when they were studying in Class 12th if he/she is eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidates who are eligible for the scholarship in the first year will be eligible for the same in the second year also provided he/she shall obtain D+ or above in the annual examination at least through two chances and the percentage of attendance of the student shall be at least 70%.
- Those who have scored an A grade in the state school youth festival shall be considered for that category.
- The Selection Committee shall fill up the prescribed proforma for selection of the eligible candidates and shall keep the same for future perusal and review.
- In the school level as well, if eligible candidates are not available, the remaining scholarship will be passed over to the SC/ST pool in the same District.
- The selection committee will select the eligible beneficiaries strictly as per the guidelines mentioned above in the selection criteria.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by May, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more