Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering SRF, IIT Gandhinagar 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering SRF, IIT Gandhinagar 2019 is inviting applications from candidates possessing B.Tech. and M.Tech. degree who wish to pursue research on computational modelling of energetic materials subjected to thermal and mechanical insults at senior research fellow (SRF) level. The work involves modelling combustion of various solid propellant compositions using an open source software package (written in C++) based on the material point method and the finite volume method. The selected fellow will receive a stipend initially for 1 year which can be extended for two more years based on performance. Only one scholar will be selected for the position.
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering SRF, IIT Gandhinagar 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have a secured B.Tech. and M.Tech. degree in Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Have strong motivation to take-up research ventures in the field of solid propellant
The selected fellow will receive a stipend for 1 year which can get extended to two more years based on performance.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the web page here and read the instructions carefully before applying.
Step 2: Provide email, name, phone number, degree information etc.
Step 3: Provide information on Masters thesis, GATE qualification etc.
Step 4: Upload a CV and write a brief statement of purpose (in 500 words).
Step 5: Submit the application form.
Terms and Conditions
The following skills/experience will be preferred:
- Good background in Computational Fluid Dynamics and Continuum Mechanics, Mathematics and Numerical Methods
- Good background in Thermodynamics, proficiency in using Linux-based systems and build systems and the programming language C++
- Familiarity with the Material Point Method and Finite Volume Method
- Experience in modelling combustion problems and exposure to parallel computing (especially MPI)
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more