Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) invites applications for Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support (MATRICS) 2021 from PhD/MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree holders. MATRICS scheme is aimed to provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences. The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support 2021 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, a candidate must -
- Be an active researcher in the field of Mathematical Sciences and allied areas, Science and Engineering or Social Sciences
- Hold a PhD or MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree and must be working on a regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions
- Have completed a PhD or MD/MS/MDS/MVSc degree at least five years prior to the submission of the proposal
- Have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal
The selected fellows will receive a research grant of INR 2 lakh per annum for a period of three years.
The following documents are required (in PDF) :
- 1-2 page(s) project proposal
- List of ten most significant publications
- List of all publications in the last five years
- Certificate from Principal Investigator
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of Institution
How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Once registered, log in with the user name and password and go to Menu>Proposal Submission>Form Submission.
Step 3: Fill in the application form with the required details.
Step 4: Attach the necessary documents to the application.
Step 5: Submit the application
Application start date: 23rd February 2021
Application deadline: 22nd March 2021
The selection will be based on the recommendations of an Expert Committee and the criteria of consideration would be -
- Credentials of PI
- Publications record
- Mathematical/theoretical content of the proposal
Terms and Conditions
- An applicant is eligible to submit only one proposal during a call.
- Co-PIs are not allowed in the scheme.
- PIs who have received a grant under MATRICS/CREST cannot apply under SERB International Travel Support Scheme during the project duration.
- The grant can be used for the following purpose -
- Purchase of textbooks and monographs.
- Purchase of minor equipment such as a workstation, laptop, etc.
- Purchase of software for research purposes.
- Travel support and payment of registration fee for invited talks or presenting a paper in national and international conferences.
- Travel support for collaborative visits in India and abroad.
- Travel support and other logistics for inviting students and young researchers for research activities.
- At the end of each year, the recipients should upload annual report including a list of publications and details of talks given in conferences and collaborations that have been initiated.
- Proposals submitted need to be original and plagiarism in any form will not be acceptable.
- Applicants are requested to pre-check their proposals for plagiarism before uploading to avoid any serious repercussions at a later stage.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more