Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India invites applications from UG and PG degree holders in the fields of Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc. from a recognized university for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021-23. The two-year fellowship seeks to combine classroom sessions at IIM Bangalore with an intensive field immersion at the district level to create credible plans and identify barriers in raising employment, economic output, and promote livelihoods in rural areas. The selected fellows will get a monthly stipend of up to INR 60,000.
Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship 2021-23 DeadlineClosed
The eligible candidate must :
- Be a citizen of India
- Age between 21-30 years at the time of application
- Be a graduate in any discipline (Engineering, Law, Medicine, Social Sciences, etc.) from a recognized university or a post-graduate from a recognized university.
- Have three years of work experience after secondary schooling in the social/non-profit sector with an interest in working in rural areas. However, individuals with no work experience and a strong motivation to work in this area may apply.
- Be able to express proficiency in the local language of the state that they will work in.
The selected fellows will get the following awards:
- A stipend of INR 50,000 per month during Year 1 of the program
- A stipend of INR 60,000 per month during Year 2 of the program
- A grant of a Certificate in Public Policy and Management upon successful completion of the program
- SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category applicants have to upload a valid caste certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Mark sheets - 10th, 12th and Graduation (and Post-graduation, if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (800 words)
- Two references, either academic or professional
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read all details.
Step 2: Fill in the details to register.
Step 3: Log in with the registered details.
Step 4: Fill in the information required.
Step 5: Pay the application fee.
Step 6: Submit the application.
MGNF admission cycle opens: 13th February 2021
Deadline to complete application: 27th March 2021
Written Entrance Test: 3rd week of April
Case Study Analysis and Interview: 2nd -4th week of May 2021
MGNF Commencement: Mid-July
- Display a commitment and passion for skill/rural development
- Display an ability to work in a challenging environment with colleagues from different backgrounds
- Possess adaptability, commitment, perseverance and initiative
Terms and Conditions
- Up to 75 fellows may be recruited for the first cohort of MGNF.
- Applicant must be able to converse, read and write the local language since assignment to a state will be driven by the candidate’s ability to participate in the language of communication used by the state government.
- The application fee is INR 500.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more