Lady Tata Trust Young Researcher Award 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Mumbai invites applications for Lady Tata Trust Young Researcher Award 2020 from young Indian scientists. This scholarship aims to recognize and reward young Indian scientists with an outstanding track record in biological sciences, a deep commitment towards finding innovative solutions to major problems related to human diseases and the potential for high-quality research. Selected researchers will get INR 25,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 7 lakhs per year.
Lady Tata Trust Young Researcher Award 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian national
- Be below the age of 40 years as on 31st March 2020
- Possess a Ph.D. degree in any Biological Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology related areas
- Have at least 4 years’ professional experience in the specific area after obtaining the Ph.D. degree
- Have a regular position in a University / Organization / Institute in India
- Be engaged in research and development and have publications arising from research done as an independent investigator in India
The selected researcher will receive INR 25,000 per month and a contingency grant of INR 7 lakhs per year.
- Research papers
- Educational certificates
- Letters of recommendation
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the link and register.
Step 2: Make a login and fill in the required details.
Step 3: Upload the necessary documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Application deadline: 15th January 2020
Shortlisted candidates based on eligibility criteria will be called for personal interview and then the final selection will be made by the selection committee.
Terms and Conditions
- The duration of the Award will be initially for three years, extendable further by two years, on a review by the Trust’s Experts’ Committee.
- A Demand Draft of INR 500 as Processing Fee (non-refundable) should be forwarded in favour of the Lady Tata Memorial Trust, and the DD should be scanned and submitted in an online form and original to be couriered to trusts office.
- The candidate must forward the application through the Director of a recognised Research Institute or Laboratory where he/she proposes to work.
- The application should be addressed to The Secretary, Lady Tata Memorial Trust, Bombay House, 24 Homi Mody Street Mumbai 400 001, and submitted online on the website between 1 December 2019 to 15th January 2020.
- The selected applicants will be called for an interview in the middle / third week of March/April 2020 and based on personal interview, one young researcher will be awarded and announced by the end of March/April 2020. The selected Researcher will be required to commence research effective 1st April/May 2020.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more