Kyushu University invites students from abroad who attend prestigious universities in their home country and who will play an important role in their nation’s future. By offering students a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation.
2) Number of Students:
About 5 people. (Depends on the budget.)
1. Determine an academic supervisor from who you wish to have instruction during your study term at Kyushu University http://hyoka.ofc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/search/index_e.html
2. Contact the potential academic supervisor by e-mail or other ways, and obtain his/her unofficial consent.
3. Prepare application documents for applicants mentioned above, and send them to the academic supervisor by post.
4. The academic supervisor prepares” application documents for academic supervisor”, He/she will submit them along with “application documents for applicants” to International Student Exchange Division through the student section of the department concerned by the deadline
5. Applications for the Friendship Scholarship will be examined by the Kyushu University International Exchange Executive Committee and the final decision of the selection will be made by the President of Kyushu University.
6. The International Student Exchange Division will notify the student section of the department concerned and the prospective academic supervisor of the result in writing.
7. The prospective academic supervisor or the student section will notify the applicant of the result of the application.
1. Friendship Scholarship Application Form (Fixed Form, within 2 pages)
2. Essay: What I expect from Kyushu University in light of my future career plans, theme and practical plan for a research at Kyushu University (FORM1,within 1 page)
3. A reference letter written by the applicant’s academic advisor to endorse the applicant’s suitability (No Fixed Form,within 1 page)
4. An official academic transcript (in English)
5. English language proficiency certificate, e.g. TOEFL score (optional / only if applicant already has one)
1. A reference letter and a plan for instruction (No Fixed form, within 1 page)
2. A letter and material to prove that the student is suitable for the purpose of Friendship Scholarship. (No fixed form, within 1 page)
1. List of Applicants
*Submit required documents from applicants and supervisors, as well.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more