KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2023-24
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 09-02-2024 Posted By : Disha Bhatt
KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2023-24 is an opportunity offered by the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE), Ministry of Science and Technology, Kerala to selected undergraduate students in Basic/Natural Sciences studying at an Indian institution or university. The objective of the program is to motivate students to pursue higher studies and a career in Science. The selected candidates will receive up to ₹60,000 per annum.
KSCSTE Prathibha Scholarship Programme 2023-24
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be an Indian national
- be a domicile of Kerala
- have scored at least 90% marks in the Kerala Higher Secondary Examination (HSE)
- have qualified for the Higher Secondary Board Examination (HSBE) with a minimum overall grade of 90% or equivalent
- have secured at least 90% marks or equivalent grades in all Science subjects of the HSE
- Students will be selected at the Undergraduate level only.
- In the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe category, eligibility requires a minimum of 80% marks or equivalent grade in all subjects and all science subjects combined.
- Selection is based on the aggregate marks obtained in all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
- Students who have received this scholarship for all three years of their undergraduate program and graduated with a minimum of 75% marks are eligible to continue the scholarship for their postgraduate course.
- A total of 8 Prathibha Scholars (two scholars from each discipline: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics) are eligible for consideration for summer programs at IISER-Trivandrum.
- Offers opportunities to attend Science Enrichment Programmes and summer internships at renowned National and State-level R&D institutions in Kerala.
- Selection of Prathibha Scholars for summer programs is subject to the norms of IISER-Trivandrum.
- The scheme guarantees at least 50% of selections for female students. Additionally, 10% of selections are reserved for students from SC/ST communities.
The selected candidates will receive the scholarship as follows:
For undergraduate courses/first 3 years of integrated postgraduate courses:
Class Amount of Scholarship per annum (in ₹) First year 12,000 Second year 18,000 Third year 24,000
Postgraduate courses subject to scoring a minimum of 75% marks for the undergraduate course:
Class Amount of Scholarship per annum (in ₹) 1st year/4th year of integrated postgraduate course 40,000 2nd year/5th year of integrated postgraduate course 60,000 Documents
- A recent passport-size photograph (image of dimension 150W×200H pixels)
After selection in the Provisional Rank List, the student will have to submit the following documents for confirmation of scholarship:
- Student data sheet, duly signed by the applicant and endorsed by the Head of the Institution where they have taken admission
- Self-attested copy of mark list of Higher Secondary Board Examination
- Community certificate for SC/ST applicants
- Domicile certificate
- Duly signed terms and conditions
- E-payment form in the prescribed format
How can you apply?
Eligible applicants can apply for the scholarship by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note:- If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID).
Step 3: Navigate to 'Register Here' under the Applicant's Portal 2023-24 and click on it.
Step 4: Click on 'New Applicant Registration' and fill in the required details to Register. (Note:- If the applicant is registered, click on 'Registered User Login' and log in using valid credentials)
Step 5: After successful registration, fill in the required details, upload the necessary documents, and submit.
Scholarship Deadline: 29th February 2024
The candidates will be selected based on the aggregate marks obtained for all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Examination.
Scholarships are awarded with a weighting of 30% for Mathematical Science, 40% for Physical Science, and 30% for Life Sciences based on the subject chosen for the degree course. Students in triple-main courses will be ranked in all three subject areas and selected based on their top ranking position.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more