Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Indian Institute of Science invites applications for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2020. This scheme is open for students pursuing undergraduate, graduation and postgraduation studies in the science stream. Selected candidates will get a fellowship up to INR 7,000 per month and up to INR 28,000 as annual contingency grant.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2020 DeadlineClosed
Following students can apply for the scholarship:
- Indian students studying in India.
- Stream SA: Students studying in Class 11 with at least 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and Science subjects in Class 10 board examination.
- Stream SX: Students studying in Class 12 with at least 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and Science subjects in Class 10 board examination.
- Stream SB: Students studying in 1st-year graduation in Basic Science related course (BSc/BS/BStat/BMath) or Integrated MSc/MS course who have scored at least 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology in Class 12 board examination.
Selected students will get the following benefits:
- For SA/SX/SB stream, the selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 5,000 and an annual contingency grant of INR 20,000 during 1st to 3rd years of BSc/ BS/ B.Stat./ B.Math./ MS/ Integrated MS.
- Furthermore, a monthly stipend of INR 7,000 and an annual contingency grant of INR 28,000 will be given to the fellows in their 4th to 5th years of MSc/MS/M.Math./M.Stat.
Documents How can you apply?
The applicant has to follow these steps in order to apply online:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: A general instruction page will open. Read all instructions carefully and proceed with the registration/login process.
Step 3: Click on the 'Click here for registration button'. Provide personal details such as name, date of birth, the stream of education, phone number and email id, etc.
Step 4: Agree to the terms and conditions and click on register.
Step 5: Username and password will be generated and sent to the registered email id.
Step 6: Log in to continue filling the form by providing academic details and scanned copy of photo and signature.
Step 7: Make a payment of application fee by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking.
Note: For General/OBC category the application fee is INR 1,250 and for SC/ST/PWD category the application fee is INR 625. Bank charges extra.
Application start date: 06th September 2020
Application closing date: 30th October 2020
Aptitude test date: 31st January 2021
Applicants will be selected on the following grounds:
- Application form selection round.
- Aptitude test round: An aptitude test will be conducted in Hindi and English language on 31st January 2021.
Note: This year, the selection will be entirely based on the applicant's performance in the aptitude test.
Terms and Conditions
- The applications can only be made online.
- Students already receiving any scholarship or grant, are not eligible for this fellowship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more