Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2021
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
About the Program
Last Updated On : 30-12-2021 Posted By : Salma
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2021 is an opportunity offered to students pursuing bachelor's and master's degrees in the science stream. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of up to INR 7,000 per month and a contingency grant (equivalent to four months fellowship per annum).
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) 2021
To apply for the scholarship, an applicant must -
SA Stream -
- Be enrolled in/planning to join Class 11 (Science subjects) during 2021-22 are eligible
- Aspire to join a UG program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S.) during 2023-24 after scoring a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science Subjects in the Class 12 board examination
SX Stream -
- Be enrolled in Class 12 (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2021–22
- Be willing to join for an undergraduate course in Basic Science (B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2022-23
- Have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in science subjects in the Class12 board examination
SB Stream -
- Have passed Class 12 board examination
- Be enrolled in the 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. during the academic year 2021–22
- Have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST & PWD) marks in aggregate in Science Subjects in 1st year of B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. degree
Selected students will receive the following benefits:
- For SA/SX/SB stream, the selected fellow will receive a monthly stipend of INR 5,000 and an annual contingency grant of INR 20,000 during the 1st to 3rd years of B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./B.Math./M.S./ Integrated M.S. degree.
- The fellows in 4th to 5th years of M.Sc./M.S./M.Math./M.Stat. degree will receive a monthly stipend of INR 7,000 and an annual contingency grant of INR 28,000 per annum.
- Caste certificate issued and duly signed by the competent authority (GOI) in the prescribed proforma (for SC/ST students)
- Medical certificate from the prescribed authority (GOI) (For physically disabled students)
- Scanned photo & signature
How can you apply?
The applicant has to follow these steps in order to apply online:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below and read the instructions carefully.
Step 2: Click on the link below the instructions page to 'Register Online'. Fill in the necessary details to register.
Step 3: Make a non-refundable payment of application fees at the KVPY application portal using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card, UPI, or Net Banking to complete the process.
Note - The application fee for the General/OBC Category is INR1,250 and for SC/ST/PWD is INR 625 (Bank Charges extra).
Starting Date of Application: 12th July 2021 at 5 PM
Closing Date of Application: 31st December 2021
Date of Aptitude Test: 7th November 2021
The selection of the candidate will be based on their performance in the aptitude test.
Terms and Conditions
- The applications can only be made online.
- Students already receiving any scholarship or grant, are not eligible for this fellowship.
- The students can download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website from the second week of October 2021
- The KVPY fellowship is available to the students who have enrolled in the regular UG Program in Basic Science course in any College/Institution of a University recognized in India.
- An extended merit list of approximately 5,000 candidates will be prepared in addition to the list of KVPY fellows. Rank certificates will be available to the candidates in the extended list. However, the candidates in the extended list are not eligible for the KVPY fellowship.
The Convener, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY),
Indian Institute of Science,
Phone: 08022932975, 08022932976, 23601008, 22933536;
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by April, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
I am from M.P, pursuing B.Pharma in 3rd year. I am from general cast. Can you suggest me a Scholarships.
Asked by Ekta Gupta on 02-Sep-2021
Dimple Thapa on 03-Sep-2021
Kindly visit our website and apply it according to your eligibility.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more