Khorana Program for Scholars 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 05-01-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
Khorana Program for Scholars 2023 is an opportunity offered by the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) in partnership with the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India and WINStep Forward to Indian students pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in Biotechnology and allied areas. The program aims to provide opportunities to Indian students to undertake research at leading U.S. universities over the summer of 2023 for a period of 10-12 weeks. The selected candidates will receive round-trip airfare, stipend and health insurance.
Khorana Program for Scholars 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be an Indian citizen currently enrolled in a recognized Institution of Higher Education in India
- be a pre-final year student enrolled in any of the following courses in Biotechnology and allied areas (including agriculture, food, health, biomedical sciences and interdisciplinary areas like Computational Sciences, Big Data, Machine Learning etc.) at recognized institutions of higher education in India -
- M. Tech.
- Integrated B.SM.S.
- B. Pharm.
- M. Pharm.
- Master's degree in Medical Science and Technology (MMST)
- have a minimum of one year remaining for the completion of their course in India
- have secured a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 8.0 or higher/ percentage of 80% and higher/ minimum of 65% and higher if the applicant is an MBBS student
The selected candidates will receive a stipend, round-trip airfare and health insurance.
- Latest marksheet/ transcript
- No-Objection Certificate
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' below.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required details to 'Register'. (Note - If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email Id.)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'Apply Now' button and click on it.
Step 4: Click on the 'Start Application' button and 'Sign up' using the relevant details.
Step 5: After successfully signing up, fill in the required details, upload the relevant documents and submit.
Application Deadline - 15th January 2023
All the applications received will be reviewed and shortlisted by subject experts based on the following criteria -
- Academic background and credentials; Research interests, possible project ideas and career goals
- Research experience, technical background, other internships, courses, lab work
- Proposed project idea(s)
- Need to conduct research in the U.S. and
- Publications, Poster presentations (if any)
Terms and Conditions
- Applications in subject - fields other than those specified above will not be considered.
- First-year, final-year and PhD students are not eligible to apply.
- Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
- The stipend would be offered only on the satisfactory performance of the researchers.
- The scholars would need to cover accommodation costs, visa fees, and tuition/ bench fees on their own.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by December, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more