Kanyashree Prakalpa 2017
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 04-07-2017 Posted By : Admin
Department of Women Development and Social Welfare, Government of West Bengal (DWD&SW) has introduced the Kanyashree Prakalpa - a conditional cash transfer scheme with the aim of improving the status and well-being of the girl child in West Bengal by incentivizing schooling of all teenage girls and delaying their marriages until the age of 18, the legal age of marriage. All girl children within the age of 13 to 19 years will get an annual scholarship of INR 500 and one-time grant of INR 25,000 under this scheme. The selection process is majorly dependent on the annual family income of the girls that should not exceed INR 1,20,000.
Deadline – 15th July 2017
Kanyashree Prakalpa 2017
In order to apply for this scholarship, a girl candidate must fulfill the following eligibility criteria –
- Must be a citizen of West Bengal
- Age – between 13 to 18 years
- Marital status – unmarried
- Education – Enrolled in classes VIII to XII in govt. recognized regular or equivalent open school
- Family income – Must be less than INR 1,20,000 per annum
Note: The family income criteria can be waived, if the girl is physically handicapped or both her parents are deceased.
How can you apply?
The candidates need to follow an offline application process by adopting the below given steps –
Step 1: Collect application forms for annual scholarship and one-time grant at your nearest secondary/higher secondary school or JJ Homes (for inmates)
Step 2: Fill in all the necessary details in it.
Step 3: Submit the duly filled application form along with essential documents to the superintendent of your respective school or JJ Homes.
Terms and Conditions
The scheme comprises two different components –
- Annual scholarship of INR 500 for girls between 13 to 18 years of age.
- One-time grant of INR 25,000 for girls between 18 and 19 years of age.
Note: The candidates need to fill form K1 for annual scholarship and form K2 for one-time grant for girls.
The candidates need to attach the following essential documents –
- Declaration of being unmarried
- Declaration of family income being less than INR 1,20,000.
- Proof of age
- Proof of being enrolled in institution
- Disability certificate in applicable
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more