K.N. Raj Training and Fellowship Programme 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Thiruvananthapuram invites applications from lecturers of Economics from universities and colleges across India for a month-long training programme for college and university teachers preferably working in Kerala at the CDS premises. The aim of the fellowship is to improve the curriculum and teaching of Economics in Colleges and University Departments across the country, especially Kerala.
K.N. Raj Training and Fellowship Programme 2019 DeadlineClosed
Economics teachers and lecturers from college and universities across the country are eligible for the program.
Note: Preference will be given to younger instructors from colleges and universities within Kerala.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- A two-way travel grant from the place of residence to CDS
- A rent-free accommodation and boarding at CDS guest house/hostel for a period of 30 days
- A grant of up to INR 10,000 for purchasing textbooks
- Other teaching research materials
- A grant of up to INR 35,000 for purchasing a Laptop computer
- Access to both the library and computing resources at the Centre
- If the candidate chooses, he/she may be mentored by one of the CDS faculty
- The awardees will also be provided office space, subject to its availability
- A course completion certificate of the Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum to all participants who complete the course
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the steps to apply:
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Fill the application form.
Step 3: Submit the forms either as a scanned attachment via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post (superscribe K N Raj Training & Fellowship Programme on the envelope) at the following address:
Mr. Emmanuel T.J.
Centre for Development Studies
Prasanth Nagar, Medical College P.O.,
Thiruvananthapuram 695011, Kerala
- The announcement of the course: 15th January 2019
- Deadline: 1st February 2019
- The announcement of selection list: 10th February 2019
- The beginning of Module 1: 18th March 2019
- End of Module 4: 12th April 2019
Selection of the candidates would be based on their qualification and on the basis of their performance in the training programme.
Terms and Conditions
- The course will constitute taught sessions and interactive workshops on specific topics. Four broad topics
would be covered during the course, Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Econometrics and Issues in Indian Economy.
- Each topic would be covered in a 5-day week with 2 lecture sessions in the morning and workshops in the afternoon.
- Lectures are intended to refresh fundamentals of the specific topics, while workshops would be interactive sessions consisting of mock lectures by participants, aimed at improving the teaching skills of the participants.
- The core faculty is drawn from the CDS teaching and research staff. Prominent academicians from other academic institutions will complement them.
- There would be no course fee.
- The Department of Higher Education of the Government of Kerala is being approached for securing duty leave for lecturers from Kerala State for attending the programme.
- The scheduled dates for the topics are as follows:
- Micro Economics: March 18th to 22nd
- Macro Economics: March 25th to 29th
- Econometric: April 1st to 5th
- Issues in Indian Economy: April 8th to 12th
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more