JRF, Indian Institute of Technology Indore 2020
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by February, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indore is offering one JRF position as part of the Max-Planck Partner group. This fellowship is available for BE/BTech/MSc degree holders with a valid GATE score. The selected fellows will receive a monthly stipend worth INR 31,000 plus HRA.
The selected candidates shall work on the project titled "Simulating AGN jets in the era of multi-messenger astronomy".
JRF, Indian Institute of Technology Indore 2020 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have M.Sc. degree in Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science or in equivalent streams with a valid GATE score
- Have B.Tech./B.E. degree in Engineering Physics/Computer Science or in equivalent streams
- Have a valid GATE score
- Be aged up to a maximum of 28 years as on 01 Jan 2019
Note: A significant background in Astrophysics and experience in terms of astrophysical code development and fluid dynamics modelling would be highly desirable.
As per the norms, the selected fellow will receive INR 31,000 plus HRA (if the hostel accommodation is not availed).
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply-
Step 1: Visit the fellowship notification and read instructions before applying.
Step 2: Submit the detailed CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Max Planck Partner group JRF position 2019” and addressed to-
Dr. Bhargav Pradeep Vaidya
Discipline of Astronomy
Astrophysics and Space Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology
Application Deadline: 30th April 2020
Terms and Conditions
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview.
- Complete information with respect to GATE score such as year of passing, discipline, score, marks, All India Rank and number of candidates appeared should be mentioned in the CV.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill the post advertised.
- Interested candidates will be encouraged to enrol for the PhD program at IIT Indore.
- This project requires a strong background of numerical methods, knowledge of astrophysical radiation processes and proficiency in programming languages like C, C++ and Python.
- The appointment will be made for one year starting 1 July 2019 which can be extended up to a maximum of 3 years based on performance.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more