Jharkhand National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2017-18
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Jharkhand Academic Council, Ranchi invites applications for Jharkhand National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2017-18. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at Class 8 and encourage them to continue the study at the secondary stage. The selected students can get a scholarship of INR 6000 per annum for pursuing studies in class 9 to 12.
Jharkhand National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2017-18 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be a domicile of Jharkhand
- Be studying in Class 8 in a Government or Government-recognised school
- Have scored a minimum of 55% marks in Class 7 examination
- Not have a family income exceeding INR 1.5 lakhs
Note: The students of Class 8 studying in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya or State Government Regulated Residential Schools are not eligible to apply.
Under this scheme, students will receive a scholarship of INR 6000 per annum for class 9 to 12 for a duration of maximum 4 years. The scholarship will be credited to the account of the student through direct bank transfer.
Note: A total of 1959 scholarships will be disbursed in Jharkhand as specified by the Government of India.
Documents How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply:
Step 1: Get the application form from the respective school.
Step 2: The application form can also be downloaded from the JAC website.
Step 3: Fill in all the required details.
Step 4: Attach the bank draft along with other required documents.
Step 5: Submit the duly filled application and the necessary documents to the respective schools.
Note: Students need to pay an application fee of INR 100 (for general category students) and INR 50 (for SC/ST students) through a demand draft in favour of 'NMMS' payable at Ranchi.
Terms and Conditions
- For the continuation of the scholarship, students need to score a minimum of 55% marks in class 9 and 11.
- Similarly, the students should score a minimum of 60% marks in class 10 for the continuation of the scholarship.
- A relaxation of 5% will be given to SC/ST students.
- The exam for NMMS will take place on 5th November 2017.
- The exam will consist of two sections: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more