JBNSTS Junior Scholarship Program 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) invites applications for its Junior Scholarship Program 2019 from students who have passed their 10th standard or equivalent examination and are currently pursuing Science stream in 11th standard in West Bengal. Since 2015, JBNSTS decided to help students at a younger age and took the initiative to start the Junior Talent Search Test. The students qualifying the scholarship test can avail a scholarship worth INR 1,000 per month along with other benefits.
JBNSTS Junior Scholarship Program 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must-
- Have passed his/her 10th standard or equivalent examination with 75% marks in aggregate
- Have taken admission in Class 11th in science stream in the current year in an institution in West Bengal
Note: The science stream students must have opted for at least 3 subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics and Computer Science.
The scholarship recipients can avail the following benefits-
- A scholarship worth INR 1,000 per month for 2 years (class 11th and 12th)
- A book grant of INR 2,500 per annum
- Exposure to seminars and workshops designed for young scholars
Documents required for online submission-
- Photograph (in JPEG format)
- Signature (in JPEG format)
- Secondary/equivalent mark sheet (in PDF format)
- Admission proof (in PDF format)
Documents required for offline submission-
- Three recent passport size photographs to be affixed in the boxes provided in the application form
- Photocopy of the original mark sheet of 10th standard or equivalent examination
- Bank draft of INR 100 (non-refundable) payable at Kolkata in favour of “Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search” as
- Self-addressed envelope with postal stamp of INR 10 (envelope size 20 cm x 12 cm) for sending admit card
- Proof of 11th standard admission (photocopy of fee receipt, library card, identity card, etc)
How can you apply?
Follow the below steps to apply-
Step 1: Visit the online application portal for Junior Talent Search Test 2019.
Step 2: Fill in the form with the required details including personal details and educational details.
Step 3: Choose a centre for examination and upload a photograph and signature.
Step 4: Upload the mark sheet for secondary or equivalent level.
Step 5: Proceed to make an online fee payment of INR 100.
Step 6: Submit the application.
Alternatively, applications can also be submitted offline.
Step 1: Download the application form.
Step 2: Fill in the application form with all the required details.
Step 3: Attach the necessary documents including photographs, mark sheets and bank draft.
Step 4: Send the application before 31st July to the following address-
1300 Rajdanga Main Road,
Kasba, Kolkata - 700 107
- Application deadline- 31st July 2019
- Examination date- 25th August 2019
The scholarship recipients will be selected based on their performance in the scholarship test. The test will be two phased:
- First phase: Written test
- Final phase: Interview
Students will then be shortlisted on the basis of performance in both the phases.
Terms and Conditions
- There will also be an award for the 'Best School'. It will be conferred to the school from where the maximum number of JBNSTS scholars are selected. The award for the best school includes a trophy and a library grant of INR 10,000.
- The dates of application, examination, etc. are advertised in leading newspapers in West Bengal.
- The educational documents uploaded on the application portal should not be more than 1 MB in size.
- To enter the scholarship test, candidates need to pay an application fee of INR 100.
- The size of the uploaded photograph should be Width 160 x Height 190 pixels.
- The size of the uploaded signature should be Width 160 x Height 100 pixels.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more