James Dyson Award 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The James Dyson Foundation invites applications from young design engineers for James Dyson Award 2019 to get international appreciation and cash rewards for starting a career in Design Engineering. The contest aims at encouraging and inspiring young design engineering students from all over the world to find appropriate mentorship and proceed towards a rewarding career in designing. The contest provides various cash prizes for national winners and international winners.
James Dyson Award 2019 DeadlineClosed
Applicants must follow the below-given eligibility criteria to apply for the contest. They must:
- Be students of engineering, product design and industrial design, OR be a recent graduate in the said subjects in the last 4 years.
- Be members of a team whose team leader has studied at least one of the said subjects in graduation and all the remaining team members are enrolled for at least one semester in an undergraduate or graduate programme.
- Be more than 18 years of age.
The complete benefits of the James Dyson Award 2019 include:
- A reward of INR 1,80,000 for National Winner
- A reward of INR 4,50,000 for International Runners Up
- A reward of INR 27,00,000 for International Winner (and INR 4,50,000 for winner's University)
- Media exposure and mentorship to kick-start career in Design Engineering
- A signed letter from the dean or professor
- Dated class schedules
- Grade reports
- Degree certificate
Note: All the documents are to be accepted in PDF, JPEG and MS Word format.
How can you apply?
Applicants are required to follow the given procedure to apply for this contest:-
Step 1: Visit the registration link for the contest program.
Step 2: Register with an email address along with personal & academic details.
Step 3: Upload the academic records, up to 5 photos or video of the project and other relevant documents.
Step 4: Submit the application.
Applications Open: March 28, 2019
Applications Close: July 11, 2019
Declaration of National Winners: September 19, 2019
Declaration of International Winners: November 14, 2019
Each entry will be analysed on the basis of the following criteria:-
- Commercial viability
- Originality (patent, intellectual property infringement cases)
- Market readiness of the design
- Sustainability of the design
- Ability of the design submissions to self-explain their significance
Terms and Conditions
- Applicants may apply with multiple entries but each entry should be submitted only once.
- There are no age restrictions for applicants from any region or country.
- Entries submitted will be made public but the applicant’s rights will be preserved.
- If an applicant is uploading images of his/her project, he/she must ascertain that the size of each image is not more than 3 MB.
- Out of all the images uploaded, one feature image should also be included with minimum 1440 px X 810 px.
To know more, click here.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more