Israel Government Scholarships 2019-20
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Israel Government Scholarships 2019-20 invites applications from students pursuing postgraduation or who have completed their master's degree for the award of research/specialization scholarships and scholarships for Hebrew Language and Literature Course. The scholarship aims at encouraging Indian students to carry out study and research at an Israeli university.
Israel Government Scholarships 2019-20
An applicant must -
- Hold a letter of acceptance from an Israeli University/supervisor
- Hold a master's degree in the relevant field for research/specialization in the field of Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture, Environment Studies, Biotechnology, Business Management, Mass Communication and Economics
- Be pursuing a postgraduate course in Hebrew Language and Literature to apply for Hebrew Language and Literature course
- Be proficient in Hebrew or English language
Note: The students who have already been abroad for studies/specialization/training on scholarship or on their own for more than 6 months, can also apply for the scholarship, if they have been in India for at least 2 consecutive years after returning from abroad as on 30 November 2018.
A total of 5 scholarships will be given for a duration of 8 months to undertake research/specialization course and 2 short-term scholarships for pursuing the Hebrew language and literature course. The amount of scholarship includes -
- Partial scholarship comprising part of the tuition fee, basic health insurance and monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only).
- Full scholarship comprising tuition fee, basic health insurance and a monthly allowance for one academic year (8 months only).
The following documents are required to be uploaded by the applicant at the time of online application -
- Colour passport size photograph of the applicant in jpg or jpeg format with prefered dimensions of 200 X 300 pixels
- Scanned signature of the applicant in jpg or jpeg format with prefered dimensions of 200 X 300 pixels
- Letter of acceptance from the supervisor/Israeli university
- Self-attested mark sheets of class 10th and 12th
- College/University transcript of bachelor's and master's degree
- Supporting documents for any academic achievement like a gold medal, national awards etc. (if applicable)
Note: The file size of all the documents, photograph and signature should not exceed 530 KB.
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship online through following steps -
Step 1: Open the online Sakshat portal of MHRD.
Step 2: Click on "Online Application Form".
Step 3: Fill in all required details.
Step 4: Upload all supporting documents.
Step 5: Finally, submit the application and keep the registration number and password intact for future reference.
- The initial shortlisting of applications will be done by MHRD and the shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification.
- After successful document verification, the nominations will be sent to the Government of Israel for final selection.
- The list of documents to be required at the time of document verification include -
- Hard copy of duly filled application form
- All original certificate and mark sheets of class 10, 12, bachelor's degree, master's degree and all other diploma/degrees
- Self-attested copies of all original documents
- Detailed proposal of the research/specialization
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of acceptance from supervisor/Israeli university
- At least two letters of recommendation from professors/lectures
- Three photographs of the applicant
- Certificate of health
- NOC from the employer
Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions of the scholarship may vary in accordance with the yearly budget of the Government of Israel.
- The cost of accommodation. transportation and travel arrangements will be borne by the student only.
- The time, date and venue of document verification will be intimated to shortlisted students.
To know more, click here.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by August, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more