INSPIRE Scholarship For Higher Education (SHE) 2022-23
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 23-11-2022 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
INSPIRE Scholarship For Higher Education (SHE) 2022-23 is an initiative of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India to provide financial help to students who have passed Class 12 and wish to pursue courses in Basic and Natural Science. The selected students will receive a scholarship of up to INR 80,000 per annum for the duration of the course.
INSPIRE Scholarship For Higher Education (SHE) 2022-23
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be within the age group of 17-22 years
- have passed Class 12 examination from any Central/State board in India with aggregate marks within the top 1% of Class
- be pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc., B.S., and Int.M.Sc./M.S. level OR
- have secured ranks in the JEE of IIT, AIPMT, NEET (within top 10,000 ranks) OR
- be selected under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and pursuing Bachelor/Master level courses in Natural Sciences
- The candidates who have qualified National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholars, Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and International Olympiad medallists pursuing Bachelor/Master level courses in Natural Sciences are also eligible.
- The students pursuing courses other than specified are not eligible.
- The students pursuing studies through Open Universities or Distance mode cannot apply for the scholarship.
The scholarship is valued at INR 80,000 per annum. Each selected candidate will receive an annual scholarship of INR 5,000 per month with a total value of INR 60,000.
All the SHE scholars are required to undertake summer research projects under an active researcher in any recognized research centre across India. A summer time mentorship grant of INR 20,000 will be paid every year.
Note - The scholars have to submit the project report and certificate from the mentor after the completion of the project in due course of time.
- Class 12 Marksheet
- Class 10 Marksheet/Certificate (for proof of date of birth)
- Endorsement Certificate in the prescribed format, signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University
- Eligibility Note/Advisory Note (if provided by the State/Central Board)
- Certificate specifying Rank or Award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists (if the candidate is eligible under this criterion)
How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship online through the following steps-
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button below.
Step 2: Click on "New User Register Here".
Step 3: Fill in all required details and submit.
Step 4: Once registered successfully, the applicants will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email id with the activation link. Click the activation link to proceed.
Step 5: Log in to the portal using the registered email id and password.
Step 6: Click on the "Scholarship" link.
Step 7: Click on "Apply for Scholarship".
Step 8: Fill in all required details and upload the scanned copy of all supporting documents in the prescribed format.
Step 10: Finally, submit the application form.
Application Starting Date- 1st September 2022
Application Deadline - 30th November 2022
The candidates will be selected based on eligibility criteria. All selected candidates will receive a Provisional Offer Letter on their web portal account informing them that they are selected for the scholarship.
Provisionally selected students are required to log into the online portal to download the offer letter. A list of selected and rejected students will also be displayed on the home page of INSPIRE web portal.
The selected candidates will have to upload the required documents on their web portal within the prescribed time limit (time limit mentioned in the offer letter) for further consideration by the Department.
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No claims or representations will be entertained regarding the same.
- The scholarship is tenable for a maximum period of five years starting from the first year of B.Sc./B.S./Int.M.Sc./Int.M.S. or until the completion of the course (whichever is earlier).
- The continuation of the scholarship depends on the good academic performance of the scholars in the examinations conducted by the University and on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2023. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
SHE – Scholarship for Higher Education program Is there any reservation for scheduled caste student?
Asked by amit on 23-Mar-2022
s akhil on 28-Mar-2022
No, there is no reservation specified for Scheduled Caste students in the scholarship guidelines.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more