INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2023
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 01-11-2023 Posted By : Rincy Kaur
INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2023 is an initiative of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India to provide financial help to students who have passed Class 12 and wish to pursue courses in Basic and Natural Science. The selected students will receive a scholarship amount of INR 5,000 per month and a mentorship grant of INR 20,000 per annum.
INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2023
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- be within the age group of 17-22 years
- be pursuing a degree in one of the following subjects under Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc., B.S., and Int. M.Sc./M.S. level:-
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
- have scored in the top 1% of their Class 12 examination OR
- have secured ranks in the JEE of IIT, AIPMT, NEET (within the top 10,000 rank) OR
- be a National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholar, Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholar or International Olympiad medalist
- Students pursuing courses other than specified are not eligible to apply.
- Students pursuing studies through open university or distance mode are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have passed Class 12 examination in the previous academic year will not be considered.
Selected scholars will receive a monthly emolument of INR 5,000 for a period of five years, or until the completion of their course, whichever is earlier. Scholars are also eligible to receive a mentorship grant of INR 20,000 per annum.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents in the specified format:
Name of the Document Type
Passport size photograph (mandatory)* JPEG 50KB Class 10 marksheet or Certificate, for proof of Date of Birth (mandatory)* 1MB Class 12 marksheet (mandatory)* 1MB Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of College/Director of Institute/Registrar of University (mandatory*) 1MB Eligibility Note/Advisory Note, if provided by the State/Central Board (not mandatory) 1MB Certificate specifying Rank or Award in IIT-JEE/AIPMT/NEET/JBNSTS/NTSE/International Olympic Medalists (if applicable) 1MB Community/Caste Certificate (if applicable) 1MB Any other supporting document 1MB How can you apply?
Eligible candidates can apply for the opportunity by following the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1: Click on the 'Apply Now' button.
Step 2: Click on the 'Register' button and fill in the required registration details. (Note: If already registered, log in using Gmail/Mobile number/Email ID)
Step 3: Navigate to the 'New User? Register here' option on the right-hand side of the dashboard and click on it.
Step 4: Fill in the required details and click on submit button at the bottom of the page to 'Register'.
Step 5: After successful registration, the applicants will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email ID with the activation link. Click the activation link to proceed.
Step 6: Log in to the portal using the registered email ID and password.
Step 7: Click on the 'Scholarship' link.
Step 8: Click on 'Apply for Scholarship'.
Step 9: Fill in all required details and upload the scanned copy of all supporting documents in the prescribed format.
Step 10: Finally, submit the application form.
Application Starting Date- 10th September 2023
Application Deadline - 9th November 2023
The selection process for the INSPIRE Scholarship is conducted by the DST in two stages. In the first stage, applications are screened based on the applicant's academic performance and other relevant factors. In the second stage, shortlisted candidates are invited for an interview.
Terms and Conditions
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No claims or representations will be entertained regarding the same.
- The scholarship is tenable for a maximum period of five years starting from the first year of B.Sc./B.S./Int.M.Sc./Int.M.S. or until the completion of the course (whichever is earlier).
- The continuation of the scholarship depends on the good academic performance of the scholars in the examinations conducted by the University and on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Note - For detailed information, kindly go through 'Scholarship Guidelines'.
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by September, 2024. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
1. Source of Information: Buddy4Study app compiles details on scholarships/fellowships from government websites and private scholarship sources. Links to the official sources accompany each listing detail pages.
2. Non-affiliation: The Buddy4Study app is not associated with any government entity in India or elsewhere. When featuring government scholarships, we rely on publicly accessible information from central and state government websites in India.
Ask your question and our scholarship support will get back to you?
SHE – Scholarship for Higher Education program Is there any reservation for scheduled caste student?
Asked by amit on 23-Mar-2022
s akhil on 28-Mar-2022
No, there is no reservation specified for Scheduled Caste students in the scholarship guidelines.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more