INSPIRE Fellowship 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by January, 2022. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), an innovative programme sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India invites applications for INSPIRE Fellowship 2019 from graduates and masters students who are admitted in a PhD programme in Science and Technology. The fellowship focuses on attracting students to pursue a doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, agriculture, pharmacy, medicine, veterinary, etc. 1,000 fellowships would be awarded under this programme for up to 5 years.
INSPIRE Fellowship 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an INSPIRE Scholar having secured minimum 70% marks (or CGPA equivalent) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./M.Sc., OR
- Be a 1st Rank Holder at University level in Postgraduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/Applied Sciences including Engineering, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Agricultural and Veterinary Sciences from any recognized University and academic institution in India, OR
- Be a 1st Rank Holder at the Graduate/Postgraduate Level Examination in Medicine only, conducted by a University/Institution in India
A total of 1,000 fellows will be selected under this scheme who will receive fellowship and research grant as per the norms set by the Government of India (GoI) for up to 5 years or completion of PhD degree, whichever is earlier.
- Passport size photograph
- Age certificate
- Mark sheets of educational qualifications
- First rank certificate (in applicable cases)
- Appointment letter (if employed)
- For students enrolled in PhD: admission letter, fee receipt, CV of PhD supervisor, endorsement letter, write up of the research proposal
- For students not enrolled in PhD: three choices of university/institute, a brief tentative write up of research to be done
How can you apply?
Follow the steps below to apply for the fellowship:
Step 1: Visit the online application portal.
Step 2: Register as a new user or log in using existing credentials.
Step 3: Provide the required details
Step 4: Upload the necessary documents
Step 5: Submit the application form
Application start date: 7th October 2019
Application deadline: 6th November 2019
Final selections will be done by the panel of experts on the basis of the following factors -
- Academic merit
- Host institution including Research Supervisor
- Detailed research proposal
Terms and Conditions
- The candidates who have acquired their eligibility for the fellowship during last year (2018) or current year (2019) can apply.
- The candidates who are already enjoying Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) or higher position in any project or otherwise are not eligible.
- The candidates are not required to send any hard copy of the application form to DST.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more