INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
Last Updated On : 09-07-2022 Posted By : Salma
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022 is an initiative of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India for Ph.D. degree holders. The fellowship is provided to meritorious young Indian students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level. With the help of this scheme, the candidates can pursue research careers in basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture and veterinary sciences. The selected fellows will receive a consolidated amount of INR 1,25,000 per month and other awards.
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2022
To be eligible, an applicant must -
- Be an Indian citizen or person of Indian origin with PIO
- Be 32 years of age as of 1st January 2022 (for general category)
- Be 37 years of age as of 1st January 2022 (for SC/ST/Women candidates)
- Be 42 years of age as of 1st January 2022 (for divyangjan with not less than 40 per cent of a specified disability)
- Have a Ph.D. degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine or Agriculture-related subjects from any recognised university in the world
- Have obtained 60% (or equivalent CGPA) marks throughout their academic profile, starting from the Senior Secondary Examination (class 12)
- Have publication(s) in highly reputed journals demonstrating the outstanding research potential
Desirable Qualification -
- Be within the top 1% in class 12 examination, IIT-JEE rank holders, and 1st rank holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examinations
- The candidates who are employed in regular/contractual positions within India can also apply for INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship for improvement and enhancement in their career prospects but, upon selection, the candidates will need to resign (no lien or deputation or any type of leave would be accepted) from the current job and organization before taking up the INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship.
- The candidates, who get selected for regular position in any institute/university after submission of the IFF application, would be entitled to receive the Research Grant only as INSPIRE Faculty Fellows.
The selected fellows will receive a consolidated fellowship of INR 1,25,000 per month as fellowship with an annual increment of INR 2,000.
In addition, a research grant of INR 7 lakhs every year for 5 years will also be provided to each successful candidate.
Note - The consolidated amount of INR 1,25,000 per month is an all-inclusive fellowship and taxable as per the Indian IT Act.
- Passport size photograph (Mandatory, JPEFG and 50 KB)
- Class X Marksheet or Certificate [for proof of Date of Birth (Mandatory, PDF, 1MB)]
- Marksheets of educational qualifications (like 12th, UG & PG Program) (Mandatory, PDF, 1MB)
- Ph.D. degree certificate (Marksheet/Certificate of XII, B.Sc, M.Sc and Ph.D degree certificate with publications as a single PDF, 1MB)
- Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to SC/ST, PDF, 1MB)
- Proof of disability (for persons with benchmark disability only) with DOB as a single PDF, 1MB
- Appointment letter (if employed, PDF, 1MB)
The following documents must be submitted with an appropriate word limit before filling out the online application -
- Details of Professional Recognitions, Awards and Fellowships received
- Proposed area of research and a brief outline of the proposal (Maximum allowed word count: 2500) under the following sub-sections -
- Origin of the proposal, objectives
- a brief outline of the methodology to be adopted,
- significance of the proposal in the context of the current status in the field
- prospects of the work for extending it as a long-term project beyond the tenure of the “INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship” position
- Details of Professional Training and Research Experience, specifying period (Maximum allowed word count - 2,000)
- Details of work done so far and significance of the scientific contribution. (Maximum allowed word count - 1,000)
- List of publications in three categories viz.
- Accepted for publication
- The publication details should contain author's name, title of the paper, Journal Name, Volume, Year, Page Numbers and Impact Factor.
- The documents must be submitted in the specified size, format and word limits only.
How can you apply?
The eligible candidate can apply for the position through the below-mentioned steps -
Step 1: Click on the "Apply Now" button.
Step 2: Navigate to 'Register here' on the right side of the dashboard.
Step 3: Click and complete the form by filling in the relevant details to 'Register'. (Note - If the applicant is already registered, then directly log in using valid credentials.)
Step 4: After successfully registering, log in with a valid login ID and password.
Step 5: Fill in the required details, upload the supporting documents and submit the application form.
Application Starting Date - 1st July 2022
Application Deadline - 15th August 2022
The selection will be based on fulfilling the eligibility criteria and the fellowship will be confirmed only after the Ph.D. degree is awarded.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications must be submitted through online mode only.
- The INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship is for a maximum period of 5(five) years.
- No Fellow should avail of two fellowships concurrently during the tenure of this Fellowship period.
- The application will not be accepted in any other mode except online mode.
- Please do not send the application or any other documents by Post.
- Incomplete or wrongly filled-up applications or applications lacking essential documents will be summarily rejected.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the submitted online application for their own records.
- Do not submit more than one application. Please ensure that all aspects of the application are correct before submitting it.
- Any legal proceedings in respect to any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or application can be lodged only in Delhi Courts/Tribunals/Forums. Delhi Courts/Tribunal/Forums only shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any case/dispute.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more