INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019
Follow this page to get timely alerts on
- Latest announcement about this scholarship
- Updates on scholarship deadline extension
- Notification of scholarship result declaration
Add appropriate tags
This scholarship is closed for further applications. It is expected to be launched by March, 2021. You can follow this scholarship for further updates.
Meanwhile, browse our featured scholarships and other related scholarships while you wait for the launch of this scholarship.
About the Program
The Department of Science and Technology, Government of India is inviting applications for “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019. The fellowship is open to Indian citizens and people of Indian origin including NRI/PIO status with a PhD degree from any recognised institution in the world. The selected fellows will get consolidated fellowship of INR 1,25,000 per month and a research grant of INR 7 Lakhs per annum for five years.
INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Scheme 2019 DeadlineClosed
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an Indian citizen or person of Indian origin including NRIs.
- Be below 32 years of age (Note: The maximum age limit for SC and ST candidates is 35 years)
- Have a PhD degree in science, mathematics, engineering, pharmacy, medicine or agriculture-related subjects from any recognized university in the world.
- Have obtained 60% or more (or equivalent CGPA) throughout his/her academic profile, starting from class 12th.
- Applicants who have submitted their PhD thesis and waiting for the award are also eligible. However, they will receive the fellowship award after they have received the PhD degree.
- The applicants who are employed in a regular or contractual job within India can also apply. In this situation, the candidates, if selected, have to resign before taking up the fellowship.
- The selected fellows will get a consolidated fellowship of INR 1,25,000 per month for 5 years. (Note: There will be an annual increment of INR 2,000 per annum in the fellowship amount).
- Additional, a research grant of INR 7,00,000 per year for 5 years will also be provided.
Documents How can you apply?
Applications can be made in the following ways:
Step 1: Click here for the application page.
Step 2: New users can click on "Register here".
Step 3: Fill all the details and click on "Submit".
Step 4: Once registered, log in with registered login id and password.
Step 5: Fill in all the details and provide the necessary documents.
Step 6: Submit the completed application.
Nominations from academic institutions, Industry R&D through Vice-Chancellors/ Directors of Institutions/ Head of Institutions/ Presidents and Fellows of Science Academies or Eminent Scientists from India and Abroad based on personal knowledge needs to be sent to the Indian National Science Academy (INSA), New Delhi.
Last date of application for Direct mode or Nomination mode - 01st October 2020
The selection will be done in three stages:
- First stage involves short-listing of candidates under direct or nomination mode through a discipline-based expert committee.
- It will be followed by the selection through the Apex level committee.
- Final selections will be made by INSPIRE Faculty Fellowship Council.
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates, who have not selected their host institutions at the time of their application, should do so immediately after their final selection.
- Candidates who fulfil all the eligibility criteria and are within the top 1% at the School Leaving Exam, IIT-JEE rank holders, 1st Rank Holders either in graduation or post-graduation level university examination will be given preference.
- Selected candidates who are yet to be awarded their PhD degrees, will receive an intimation to submit the degree within three months to avoid forfeiting the offer.
Note: Refer to the guidelines document here to know more.
All the information provided here is for reference purpose only. While we strive to list all scholarships for benefit of students, Buddy4Study does not guarantee the accuracy of the data published here. For official information, please refer to the official website. read more